Fear, Nexium, Another Endoscopy

Gwen M.
on 1/9/14 2:55 am
VSG on 03/13/14

I've got my second endoscopy scheduled for 3/4!  I'm hoping that I might be able to have surgery as early as 3/13, but I'll be able to schedule another tentative date in early February.  I'm hoping for as early as possible in March so that I can still go on the NYC trip I have scheduled in mid-April  If I can't make it, it's not the end of the world, but it would still be nice if I can since I'll be there to see my partner's family who are visiting form out of country.  

I've been taking Nexium for the ulcer that the first endoscopy found and I've been experiencing some nausea.  Is this something that will pass once my body adapts to the new med?  I ended up taking a dramamine last night since that was the only thing I had in the house that seemed like it could help.  It did, and I fell asleep.  Is there anything I can take to mitigate the nausea so that I can keep taking the Nexium?  

When I told my parents about my decision to have surgery, they were surprisingly supportive.  My parents are pretty awesome, but I was still really nervous about telling them.  One of the questions my dad asked was, "Do you have any fears?"  I have been thinking about this and, aside from the normal fears associated with any surgery, I do have two.  

1) I fear that I won't recognize myself.  It scares me to think of looking in the mirror and not recognizing the person I see looking back at me.  

2) I fear that I won't be able to believe people being nice to me.  It really bothers me to think that there will be people who wouldn't have given me the time of day when I was fat but will now be nice to me because I'm not.  People say that fat phobia is a myth that doesn't exist in our society, but I think we all know better.  I feel like I'm going to go through my future life second-guessing the trustworthiness of people.  

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

FindingMyWeigh
on 1/9/14 3:45 am
VSG on 10/30/13

I'm single, so I guess my biggest fear is having to share the reason why my body is flabby/saggy. I do plan on having plastics, for sure a breast lift..but the rest may have to come later. Men are visual, ain't gonna lie, it sort of scares me..no one likes rejection.

Most Active