trying to not let it get to me

danixbanani
on 1/9/14 11:42 pm - NY
VSG on 10/12/12 with

So this week started operation get Danielle back into shape.  I bought a ton of food, I meal planned, I significantly cut my carbs down, I worked out, etc etc.  I struggled a lot this week especially with the carb deprivation and while I haven't gone ULTRA low like 20grams or less, I was/am doing a lot less than I was.  So I'll just count that as a win.

However, my scale did not budge one ounce this week...NOT EVEN AN OUNCE.    Okay, okay...maybe my scale is a POS and I need a new one but I did the weight test on it with a barbell and it seemed on point.  I'm trying to not feel discouraged which is SO EASY to do when you're trying so hard and the scale didn't move.

BUT, I am trying to look on the bright side that I am making POSITIVE changes in my lifestyle and eating habits so that IS a win.  I could've been a lot more gung-ho about working out this week but I intend to pick up my game next week.  Onwards and upwards as they say. 

I want to say this to anyone who is pre-op or newly post op or even those of you just reaching a year out or more.  MAKE AS MANY CHANGES AS YOU CAN IN THE WEIGHT LOSS HONEYMOON PHASE.  I promise you that everyone who says this is 100% right.  I was an idiot and didn't make the most of it and now I'm paying for it.  I'm thankful every day for my tool but the lifestyle changes are what count.  I didn't make as many changes as I should've and now the weight is harder to come off. You might read this and think "oh no, that won't happen to me..." but IT CAN and it WILL if you go into this journey with the same mentality.

I desperately just wanted to lose weight after my damn failed lapband and I did but over the course of the past few months I became lax and didn't follow the rules as closely as I should've.  I never reached my goal and I put on 6lbs over the holidays.  I have faith in myself that I will get to my goal and hopefully past it but it is not as easy now. 

It's a journey indeed and there are many bumps and hills on the way!  I'm still gonna maintain my positive outlook and not let the stupid scale defeat me!  I am woman, hear me roar!! blush

band to sleeve revision and loving life!

You do you, and I'll do me

SleeplessinAbitibi
on 1/9/14 11:50 pm - Canada
VSG on 10/23/12

You can do this!!!!  Your body needs the time to adjust to the changes, the scale will move.  Its mathematical...you eat less, you eat right, you move more, the scale WILL go down!!! 

Nathalie

“Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels.” 

Tracy D.
on 1/9/14 11:53 pm - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Dani - what rules did you become lax about in the past few months?   I'm coming up on the end of 8 months and I can already feel myself wanting to relax now that I've hit goal...and I'm scared to relax!   I really want to learn from you about what I need to focus on these next 3-4 months before my honeymoon period is over - thanks! 

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

danixbanani
on 1/9/14 11:56 pm - NY
VSG on 10/12/12 with

For starters, I let the carb monster get me.  I would let nasty carbs sneak in especially since I hit 8 months in the summer time when there were tons of BBQs.  I also let myself fall into a hole of not exercising.  That really did some damage.  My protein intake has never been that high because I can't stand the shakes, fish, or yogurt but I'm trying to be a big girl and get more protein in if it kills me.  Lastly, I let myself loose on the weekends, no tracking, no meal planning, eating whatever the damn hell I wanted to.  Those all attributed to my weight gain and are easy habits to fall in to..

MAchick
on 1/10/14 12:00 am
VSG on 01/27/14
Yes, what kind of changes do you wish you had made? More exercise, less carbs, timing meals, protein first? My date is the end of this month so i appreciate this invaluable information.
danixbanani
on 1/10/14 1:36 am - NY
VSG on 10/12/12 with

I just wish I didn't let myself be so lax with the rules because now it is harder to get back on track with those same set of rules.

Keith L.
on 1/10/14 12:01 am - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12

A cruise ship does not stop on a dime, but once it turns around and gets going...

VSG: 9/28/2012 - Dr. Sergio Verboonen  My Food/Recipe Blog - MyBigFatFoodie.com

?My Fitness Pal Profile ?View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

debk21
on 1/10/14 12:05 am - Mansfield, TX

I love you Keith!  Excellent analogy!

Deb

Goal Reached in 12.5 Months
HW: 274   Pre-OpW: 266   SW: 254   CW: 125  GW: 145

You must permanently change your lifestyle if you want your weight loss to be permanent. You can do it!

danixbanani
on 1/10/14 1:37 am - NY
VSG on 10/12/12 with

debk21
on 1/10/14 12:08 am - Mansfield, TX

That carb monster is a mean ole SOB, isn't it? Just keep doing what you're doing and the weight will come off. I posted something similar to this today so I know where you are coming from. I just want to say that you CAN do this! (((Hugs))) and we'll ROAR together!

Deb

Goal Reached in 12.5 Months
HW: 274   Pre-OpW: 266   SW: 254   CW: 125  GW: 145

You must permanently change your lifestyle if you want your weight loss to be permanent. You can do it!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 55 views