Post Op Pain

AutumnAlways
on 1/25/14 2:38 pm

I just got home on Friday night and have had to sleep propped up on the couch due to pain in my left side where the drain was removed. They sent me home with liquid pain meds and those definitely take the edge off. Has anyone out there experienced this type of pain? How long did it last? It is definitely better than right after surgery but it still hurts to move in certain positions.

Follow up with doc scheduled for Feb 3rd.

Thanks,

Autumn

Ritajtx
on 1/25/14 3:37 pm - Plano, TX

Try ice packs. They work for me, helps dull that pain.

Good luck I just got home from the hospital from H**l Wednesday.

Rita

AutumnAlways
on 1/25/14 4:56 pm

Thanks, Rita. I will definitely be trying that! 

Ritajtx
on 1/25/14 3:37 pm - Plano, TX

Try ice packs. They work for me, helps dull that pain.

Good luck I just got home from the hospital from H**l Wednesday.

Rita

FindingMyWeigh
on 1/25/14 9:54 pm
VSG on 10/30/13

The left side is more painful because that was the major incision where your surgeon worked on your new tiny tummy and pulled out most of the old one. I couldn't sleep on my left side for about 2 weeks and sitting in a reclining chair was more comfortable for me.  I was off the painkillers by day 4, mostly because I needed to be able to drive if needed. I had to wear very loose pants and no bra for the first week because it was interfering with my incisions. The pain will ease the further out you are. 

AutumnAlways
on 1/25/14 11:14 pm

Thanks for your reply. The painkillers I am hoping to wean off of starting tomorrow. I have been wearing loose yoga pants and no bra due to the incisions. I'm also using an ice pack now and that seems to be helping. I just can't wait to start feeling better! I also had a hernia repair so maybe that's part of it?

pharmagirl_45
on 1/25/14 10:25 pm - NJ
VSG on 01/14/14 with
I was lucky that I didn't have a drainage tube at all. My right side is still really sorry because that's where my surgeon pulled the stomach out. I'm going to try the ice pack.

VSG on 1/14/14 with Dr. Samuel Wasser

Glow2182
on 1/26/14 4:18 am - WA

We had our surgeries the same day. I was also very surprised with how much the left side hurt. I went ahead and got some liquid Tylenol to take along with the oxycodone they gave me. That helped a lot. The pain actually doing a lot better today so I imagine that it is nothing to worry about and will continue getting better each day. Last night I was finally able to sleep mostly flat all night and it was so nice!!

HW 505  SW 446  GW 200.       VSG Surgery on 1/22/14

Glow2182
on 1/26/14 4:20 am - WA

We had our surgeries the same day. I was also very surprised with how much the left side hurt. I went ahead and got some liquid Tylenol to take along with the oxycodone they gave me. That helped a lot. The pain actually doing a lot better today so I imagine that it is nothing to worry about and will continue getting better each day. Last night I was finally able to sleep mostly flat all night and it was so nice!!

HW 505  SW 446  GW 200.       VSG Surgery on 1/22/14

bethanybroccoli
on 1/27/14 2:18 pm - Booneville, AR

Hey there, just wanted to tell you to be careful about taking Tylenol with your oxycodone. Depending on what you were prescribed. i.e Percocet. It already contains acetaminophen (Tylenol) and you could be double dosing yourself with it. Make sure what you are taking doesn't contain acetaminophen already because it can be liver toxic.

Most Active