Wow! Less than a week to go...

Scribbler
on 1/29/14 9:11 am

Here is a picture of all my WLS-related junk, ready for my trip to the hospital. All my papers that I'll need, instructions for discharge, my WLS handbook (whatever, they told me I needed to bring it) some sample packets of Unjury although I'm sure I'll get plenty of that while in hospital, a pill smasher, my breathing machine thingy that they gave me, a Chap Stick, some headphones to beat only the finest German death metal into my skull, and I'm sure I'll find some ratty pajamas, holey underpants and 15-year-old footy socks in my closet somewhere to throw in my bag because I'm certainly not wearing my Sunday best just to go sit around in a hospital!

AND HOLY PANCAKES, BATMAN, ENOUGH PILLS TO BRING DOWN AN AFRICAN BULL ELEPHANT. I feel like I'm traveling with Doctor Gonzo.

I guess today was the first day it all seemed 'real'. My particular surgeon insists on a TON of pre-op testing, including the cardiac stress test and echo and you have to get your stomach x-rayed and you drink this gross chalk milkshake and want to puke and they draw like 50 vials of blood from you and you spend half the day in the actual hospital doing tests AND THEY HAD AN ACTUAL METAL PRISON TOILET IN THAT ZOO OF A WARD I AM NOT MAKING THIS UP... man, that stuff was a grind. Passed everything with flying colors, but still. The associated stress wasn't what I needed. BUT. It's all over. I'm ON. MY. WAY. i gOT mY PILLS AND MY BOOK AND mY PIECE Of PAPER THAT sAYS HAVE A RESPONSIBLE ADULT DRIVE YOU HOME.

tOMORROW IS MY LAST DAY AT WORK HEHEHEHEHehehehe SO LONG, SUCKAS!!! (yeah I'm taking a couple extra days off. So what. I have moooooore than earned them working in that looney bin!)

~~ VSG February 4, 2014 ~~ 30lb. lost since surgery ~~
~~ you will never regret not eating something ~~
~~if you're light enough, you just might be able to fly~~
~~nothing tastes as good as skinny feels~~
HW: 303 || SW: 255 || CW: 225 || GW: 120 || UGW: 105

mcraedublin
on 1/29/14 9:38 am - GA
Very amusing post. I literally laughed out loud. Glad you have a sense of humor. Been reading posts about people freaking out and wanting to back out at the last minute. Hopefully I will get my date next week when I see my surgeon. Upper GI is scheduled for this Friday. I want to wish you the best. Let us know when you are on the bench.
Scribbler
on 1/29/14 10:34 am, edited 1/29/14 10:34 am

I already had my freakout moment! They told me I had an abnormal EKG and I thought I was dying! But they reassured me that I was probably just fine and I was. The rest of the cardio work-up went great and the cardiologist says the abnormal EKG is just from my weight. All sorts of things can throw those little blips going in funny directions. My stress test for example was SUPER. Although I'm going to be following up with him post-surgery to see how things shake out on the heart front. He wants to see me a lot and adjust my meds as my weight goes down because he doesn't want my blood pressure to drop too low.

That said, I never was the sort of person to freak out and back out of something. I've a bit of a wild streak.

~~ VSG February 4, 2014 ~~ 30lb. lost since surgery ~~
~~ you will never regret not eating something ~~
~~if you're light enough, you just might be able to fly~~
~~nothing tastes as good as skinny feels~~
HW: 303 || SW: 255 || CW: 225 || GW: 120 || UGW: 105

dancermom2_7
on 1/29/14 11:06 am - OH

love this post! sending good thoughts  your way! Stay strong..

HW 276 GW140  CW248

HollyBell
on 1/31/14 10:41 am

How exciting!!! Congrats!! Seems like you are super prepared to do great!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 35 views