I had my stress echocardiogram today

gabby169kitty
on 2/25/14 11:28 am

The good:

The techs and nurse were really nice and all females, which made me feel much more comfortable.

My blood pressure was awesome

I was able to stay on the treadmill for almost 10 minutes (average is 5-10)

The bad:

Of course they can't give me results because they are not the doctor.

It didn't capture the issue I have with exercise and my heart rate not going down. I'm thinking it's because I was only exercising for 10 minutes and not my usual 45+.

I used to monitor heart rhythms and know what all those blips mean. I saw some of what is called ST segment depression. This indicates some heart disease of some sort. Combined with my higher than normal heart resting heart rate this could also be caused by cardiomyopathy, which runs in the family.

May end up wearing a Holter monitor for a day. However if the doctor does interpret this test as indicating some form of heart disease the Holter probably won't be necessary.

More good:

My cholesterol is normal

My regular EKG is normal

I can access most of my medical records online so I may get the results before my appointment on March 20th.

If there is heart disease this makes WLS a no-brainer, especially with the family history.

mustlovepoodles
on 2/25/14 11:57 am
VSG on 12/31/13

I always say it's better to know than not to know.  Hopefully, your cardiologist can get to the bottom of this quickly and get you treated.

HW: 229 ; SW: 208 (-21);  GW: 125

Wt. Loss:   M1: 189 -(19)  M2: 178 (-11)  M3: 172 (-5)  M4: 170 (-2)  M5: 166 (-4)

Cinthysline
on 2/25/14 1:33 pm

Hope you get your results very soon.  Good luck!

Surgery date 03/05/14

Most Active