3 weeks out and brought out the pain med

1kimbo
on 3/18/14 2:38 am
VSG on 02/25/14

When does the pain subside or go away enough to exercise?  I'm three weeks out and after some activity 2 days in a row (getting house/beds ready for company, getting in and out of car quite a bit, going to the beach- sitting in a low chair and getting out) My right side incision is aching a lot.  I had been using ice for sporadic pain, but that isn't seeming to help.  So, I've brought out the Vicadin, but then I'm tired and can't drive.  Also, what pain relief do you normally use?  I have Tylonol Extra Strength for Pain but my Dr said no pills- crushing them sounds awful!  I tried the kids Melt Aways (Tyelonol) but it didn't do much.

HW-227  SW 119  

M1-

emelar
on 3/18/14 2:45 am - TX

You had major surgery.  Even though the external incisions are tiny, your muscles were cut through and instruments were wiggled around your innards.  I'm sure what you're feeling is soreness from the internal suturing of the muscles - it's pretty common.

I came home with liquid lortab (hydrocodone).  Call your doc and get something that he approves, or go get some liquid Tylenol.  I think it only comes in children's dosages, so you'd have to adjust how much you take to account for it.

MAchick
on 3/18/14 2:53 am
VSG on 01/27/14

I had to my pain meds a few weeks later because I overdid it at an arcade playing skeeball and basketball lol. I also used liquid Tylenol the first few weeks. 

michellebrad
on 3/18/14 4:53 am - Eastlake, OH

I got some liquid Tylenol at CVS and that's helped.  I too overdid it this weekend and am paying for it now.  I called my surgeon's office because I was a bit worried, but they told me that it's because I over did it. :(  UGH!  My doctor also suggested for me to use the abdominal binder that I had when I went home.. which helped a bit. Today I'm feeling much better than I was on Sunday.  I'm 4 weeks out (TOMORROW!) :)

Highest weight: 389   Weight at day of surgery: 370   Surgery Date: 2/19/14

TruemansMom
on 3/18/14 5:23 am
VSG on 06/24/13

Early on, after the pharm. meds, I used liquid fast-acting extra strength tylonol. It worked great for me until I could take pills again. Tylonol has never touched my pain but this worked. I bought a local store brand and it was not too expensive.

Jan D.  5'-8", highest wt 231, surgery wt 213

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 42 views