UNCERTAIN

Redhotqtee
on 4/1/14 3:20 am
VSG on 05/12/14

Hi Everyone.  Im new to the site, and I wanted to get some info.  Im in the process of having WLS.  I meet the surgeon on 4.22.14 to let him know which surgery I have decided on.  I've done research and read about the RNY and the Sleeve, but Im not sure as to which one I would like to proceed with.  Can anyone tell me what helped them make their decision??. Are you glad you chose the Sleeve over the RNY? What complications do you have?.. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

mainelyamom
on 4/1/14 6:20 am - ME

Hi and welcome.  I am fairly new also.  My VSG surgery is scheduled for tomorrow morning.  I came to the decision of a VSG due to less complications with VSG and the fact that my father-in-law has had issues with malabsorbtion.  He didn't have the surgery, but, seeing what he has gone through, helped me choose VSG over RNY.  

TexasTerritory
on 4/1/14 6:46 am
VSG on 07/22/13
I love my VSG. It is so simple to live with post-op. I had no complications. I eat protein, few carbs, drink water and take my vitamins. I don't feel hunger. I was concerned about the malabsorbation aspect to the RNY. Yet any WLS will be successful if you follow the plan ( except the band).

Most Active