Stomach Bug, TMI, and questions

mmmesser
on 4/3/14 9:55 am

SO...I don't know if it's a fluke, if it's a bug, or if it's the SporTea I tried last night but I am not feeling too good.  This morning I started my Chike and got about halfway full and a bathroom visit later I figured my tummy was upset.  Considering I typically need help to move every 3 days I won't say it's not somewhat of a welcome to empty a little bit easier but still...jeez.  Also, feeling nauseated.  I am focusing on just getting plenty of fluids at this point.  I did eat some PB2 and triscuits and some yogurt and that has been ok but extra bathroom visits are sure to follow.  I'm thinking I will do some Unjury chicken protein powder in a bit just to get some protein and fluid in at the same time.  I hope this goes through my system within 24 hours.  So...I will try the SporTea again at a much later time just to make sure it's not that.  What do other people do when they are having tummy troubles in efforts to get their protein and liquids in....?  What are you sure to avoid???

Machelle.K
on 4/3/14 12:01 pm - WA
VSG on 11/06/12

I had the bug too! I couldn't keep it in or down. So I went to my moto, "Nothing in nothing out!" Then when I thought I could handle it I had soda crackers and flat 7up, yep just for the day but it was necessary. The next day I hydrated!

Machelle 11/6/2012 with Dr. Houseworth WA

michellebrad
on 4/3/14 1:26 pm - Eastlake, OH

I had this too.. but not as bad, mine was mostly just nausea.  I could NOT eat though, my stomach would hurt so bad.  I was 5 weeks out and I was miserable... but thankfully, anything that I did get in...stayed in, for the most part.  I had a few bathroom episodes, but nothing that awful.  I hope that it goes away soon for you.  I had mine for about 2 days.  I wondered what others did when they were sick, so I'm glad you asked!!  I just wish I could have been more help to you!

Highest weight: 389   Weight at day of surgery: 370   Surgery Date: 2/19/14

mmmesser
on 4/4/14 12:25 am

Yeah...I've not seen too many post relaying any stomach bug issues in the past that I could remember.  I am doing a bit better today...no nausea really.  So far I have kept some yogurt in me....and trying some Chike at the moment...hopefully all is well.  I have to travel later today so really wanting to not have to pull over every 30 min.  jeez.  Thanks for replying! 

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 43 views