Plastic surgery update

ravenbrown
on 4/11/14 4:09 am - TX
VSG on 10/08/12

Sooo, I decided to go with a LBL plus BA/BL instead of just the tummy tuck.  While my hips look awesome and are completely flat with no extra skin, but my tushy sucks (IMO).  My surgeon was very supportive and kind at my second consult this past Monday when I was pulling at my bottom illustrating what I hate about it :)  He also explained why he thought I didn't need the LBL, but he showed me what I could expect if he did it.  I appreciated that, and we both agreed I'd be happiest with the LBL.  I will be going back at some point for an inner thigh lift, but it will depend on when I can next take time off work, how long this recovery actually takes, etc.  My surgery is on April 24, so it's less than two weeks away.  While I'm very excited to have boobs and a fabulous tummy (according to my surgeon), I'm scared and feeling a bit depressed.  Some of it is hormonal, but it's also kind of surreal.  All this work, all the changes, and I'm finally putting the finishing touches on my body (sort of, I do understand maintenance is a life long thing, and I will always be working on increasing strength, endurance, etc).  Part of it is focusing so much on the physical appearance because that is what plastics are all about, and the more I focus on it, the more things I find "wrong."  I am reasonably certain this is just a phase or me trying to mentally prepare for plastics, although I don't really think that's possible.  Maybe it is just that this is another chapter of my life that feels like it is closing, and I'm not sure what the future holds.  I know I went through this before I got the sleeve.  Anyways, I'm working out like a fiend since that seems to give me some peace.  I'm eating very clean with high protein in an effort to get my body into the best shape possible.  I know I'm lucky that I can afford this, and I have the support to be able to heal afterwards, but I'm still terrified of going under the knife again.  Anyways, this is just my update :)  Happy Friday!

grayC
on 4/11/14 4:32 am
VSG on 05/01/13

Wishing you good luck and a speedy recovery!!

i was just poking at my flabby azz today as I was looking in the mirror 

playing flapjack with my deflated bubba belly skin, didn't  think I'd do plastics..

but when I lift up the skin of my stomach I can see the shape I should be, ( if that makes sense)

now I'm not so sure..and don't even get me started on the tube socks that were my boobs!!

ravenbrown
on 4/11/14 4:34 am - TX
VSG on 10/08/12

Thanks!  My boobs are actually in good shape, just really small with no upper pole volume.  They managed to maintain a lot of elasticity through pregnancy and weight loss.  I do, however, like having fairly large boobs.  That's just me :)  I knew I would get plastics.  I nearly got breast augmentation before my wedding five years ago, but I figured that would be stupid since I planned to breastfeed.

puffierus
on 4/11/14 4:37 am - PA

Wow you look amazing already.  good luck with your surgery.  You mention that you have been working out like a fiend.....has the exercise helped tone you at all ? I am sure the exercise helps with the weight loss but I am curious if it helps with toning or if rapid weight just mean jiggly skin. 

HW 268   SW219   CW 181.2 surgery date 10/31/2013

:<span class=

ravenbrown
on 4/11/14 4:45 am - TX
VSG on 10/08/12

Honestly, I don't think it does.  I'm sure that's an unpopular answer, but if it helps, it's not much.  I was told by the PS that I saw that I must have incredibly good genes bc I don't look like someone who has lost as much weight as I have.  It's possible it's because of the exercise, but I think it's more likely that it's because of HOW I gain weight - EVERYWHERE.  I'm hourglass shaped regardless of weight.  I work out for my sanity.  It's a fringe benefit that it also burns calories and gives me nice, lean muscle.  And thank you!  I'm feeling terrible about myself this week, so that is so nice to hear.  I will say, that my arms were never very big, but they are quite nice now because I work out so much.  At least I think they are quite nice, but I like muscles :)

emelar
on 4/11/14 4:54 am - TX

I was only planning on doing a tummy tuc****il I saw the nice, high definition, totally nekkid picture of my butt that was taken at the surgeon's office.  I ended up doing the LBL and my ass has never looked better. 

Plastic surgery is like house renovations.  You fix one area and it highlights what's wrong with everything else.  There will ALWAYS be something you're going to obsess about.  I have a punchlist of things I'm having done, and then I'm finished.  I'll live with whatever else I'm obsessing about.

ravenbrown
on 4/11/14 4:57 am - TX
VSG on 10/08/12

Yeah, I'm done after the thigh lift.  Everything else is livable for now.  I'm sure there will be an eye lift/partial face lift in my future - give me 10-15 years :)  Hahaha.  Just gotta keep my job :)

(deactivated member)
on 4/11/14 5:20 am

I think you are making all the right decisions and will be happy with the results.  You already realize that perfection is an illusion and having it look better is the goal.  You might feel a little emotional around all of this, that's totally normal.  Call me if you need me.  I will be thinking of you on April 24th. Good luck.

ravenbrown
on 4/11/14 5:21 am - TX
VSG on 10/08/12

Thank you, hon!  I really appreciate it.  You are programmed in my phone, and I can imagine you'll be hearing from me post-op. Muah!

Shagdoll
on 4/11/14 6:54 am

I cannot imagine you looking any hotter Deena.  I'm so excited for you! Keep us posted. Love you!

Jenn  

WWBD?  

Most Active