OMG! Multi-vitamin worked against me!

mmmesser
on 4/14/14 11:12 am

So, I have been taking the same multi-vitamin for over 8 months (the bariatric multi-vitamin by opurity).  I normally take it on an empty stomach (morning) but today I took it about 2 hours after dinner and I nearly lost my dinner!  It was so bad that I started sneezing, feeling dizzy, hot, and just plain ol' ill!  I threw a strong mint in my mouth and prayed to the VSG Goddesses that 'this too shall pass'...it was a dicey 3 minutes but it did pass!  I want to keep taking this vitamin because of all its pros and going to wait til Wed. morning to start taking it again on an empty stomach to make sure that it will be ok and not make me wish for some relief!  Anyone have their multi-vitamin work against them so far along after post-surgery?

breathemusic
on 4/15/14 5:30 am

Have you tried taking the multivitamin when you're eating a meal?  I've had vitamins make me sick even before surgery because i didn't take them with food, which is how many recommend they be taken.

mmmesser
on 4/15/14 8:54 am

I usually eat them immediately after waking up...and have no problems...if I take them after I eat I get sick.

Most Active