Is prophylactic lovenox the standard for all

LvnLf5
on 4/30/14 2:17 am
with

wow yeah I'm aware it's given to MANY patients, not just surgical patients.... I could go through and help you list them all, but that would be boring and not really the point.  Thanks, but needles aren't an issue for me, nor is potential bruising, but I love how you (and you're not alone) assume that the issue is the size of the effing needle -- if I had a dollar every time some guy told me size doesn't matter =P  

tpasun
on 4/30/14 6:49 am

Wow I was just trying to offer up some insight as an RN and what I see  in my hospital.  Only trying to be helpful... oops.  Honestly I'd seriously question any physician that doesn't provide some sort of prophylactic for blood clots whether it be Lovenox, Heparin, Plavix etc.  Blood clots can form and kill suddenly even weeks after procedure... oh there I go again trying to be helpful...

LvnLf5
on 4/30/14 9:27 am
with

sorry, I was hyper-sensitive and cranky this morning  ---- and the size of the needle thing was driving me crazy    and I agree after reading through a few more studies and with my family history, the Lovenox is definitely a good thing 

VSG scheduled 05/06/14

Most Active