Lost to much Help!!!!

Laura in Texas
on 5/2/14 7:15 am

I agree with this!! For most of us, once we start gaining by eating the wrong foods, it is hard to stop!!

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

TruemansMom
on 5/2/14 6:28 am
VSG on 06/24/13

I have to say you've lost weight and congratulations. That was one of your goals, right?

there is a reason you are eating chips and cookies-the depression is asking for them. if you can't get them out of your life, please try a bite or two of turkey- the tryptophan in it helps seratonin uptake and that, in turn may help the depression. I take a tryptophan supplement everyday to keep my depression at bay- otherwise I end up on meds that are really hard on the body to get rid of that nasty black cloud.

Not sure how tall you are but 135 might be jsut fine and you aren't used to it yet. I'm 5'8 and have weighed as little as 130 in the past. I looked fine. Maybe you need to build s bit of muscle to fill out the weight and feel better? Carbs really are not the answer as there is no nutrition there and you need nutrition.

good luck-it's in your hands.

Jan D.  5'-8", highest wt 231, surgery wt 213

(deactivated member)
on 5/2/14 5:51 am - Canada

Seeing a nutritionist will definitely help.  If you can't do that then go back to basics.  Detox from the junk food and add in healthy alternatives as listed above.  Eat every 3 hours.  Track your food. You may be getting in high calories from the chips and cookies but no nutrition.  You are going to have to make a conscious effort to eat your protein and healthy carbs.  

The only way to gain weight and not have it go out of control is to make an effort and to put the healthy food in your mouth and the junk food in the garbage.  

I would suggest seeing a therapist also.  If you're weight is that low you could be using food withholding as a means of control and that can lead to life long problems with anorexia.

One thing you shouldn't do is wait another day to start seeking the help you need from qualified professionals.  

Menchi
on 5/2/14 2:32 pm, edited 5/2/14 2:35 pm
VSG on 09/11/13

The best way I can think of if you really want to gain weight is look in to some high calorie protein shakes.  Try to keep it nutritious but with this surgery you probable will need to handle your weight gain with liquids.  If you get in to a habit of snacking you may not be able to get it under control once you have gained weight.   Talk with a nutritionist before you make any changes, and you should get blood labs done to find out where you are deficient.

Most Active