Guess I am not feeling it yet.

Justme7
on 5/9/14 6:45 am - ID

So, I have done all the doctor appointments and am waiting on the insurance company to give me the green light. I guess I should be doing shakes, exercising, and starving myself before surgery...BUT I am not feeling it yet.  My doc only requires a few days of the liquid diet as he has found too many people dehydrated on surgery day when having patients doing weeks of shakes (I know many of you have weeks of shakes). I guess my mind and body saying just keep eating as you have been for years that got you in this obesity mess and then kick it in gear when the surgery is approved and start cutting back two weeks before surgery and do the three days of liquids before surgery.  I am having a hard time getting rid of me old habits.  

Gwen M.
on 5/9/14 6:47 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Are you seeing a therapist?  I find that mine is really helping me to dissect why I ate the way I did in the past and why I got to be super morbidly obese.  While surgery will change our stomachs, fixing our heads is a different matter entirely!  Thankfully there's help out there.  

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Stacy_WLS
on 5/9/14 7:23 am

I had a similar view on this.  I would definitely talk to a therapist as they aren't doing surgery on your head.  It is SO much easier after the surgery.  Although anything you lose now, you wont need to lose later.  I'd try to not gain anything for sure.

VSG: 12/12/13, LBL, small TL, BL/BA: 11/7/14 Twins 12/9/18 HW after Twins 260. 5'10 37 years old - Stacy_WLS (MFP)

Justme7
on 5/9/14 8:13 am, edited 5/9/14 8:29 am - ID

Yep I am in counseling with a guy that has had RNY. He wants me to have surgery so bad that he said he will drive me to the hospital so I don't back out again.  He can see how my weight has made it so that I have no life anymore and wants me to have a happy productive life like I used to live. 

Most Active