Elina!!!

novascotiadawn
on 5/27/14 9:23 am, edited 5/27/14 9:29 am - Calgary, Alberta, Canada

I'm glowing today!! I was thinking when I had asked for help before, but, was to shyyyy to call! How many years have passed :( :) I feel soooooo good!!! Glad to see you had a good weekend away! We celebrated my hubby's 55th Birthday this past weekend... We did a dinner theatre Friday! So, enjoyed.. Prime rib was a bit over cooked for me though! I prepacked my lunch for four days. Getting a little bored of it. I have learned two days of the same thing is enough.. But, will finish these four off.. Maybe! LoL ... 

Hugs

Donna

Leaky sleeve survivor!!! 2008/2009 ~ 5'7"~ 42F Bougie

Mary Gee
on 5/27/14 10:24 am - AZ
VSG on 05/14/14

FYI -- Just in case you aren't aware......there is a feature to send PMs (Private Messages) to anyone you'd like to.  Pull up their name and select "Send Message"

BTW, glad to see you're doing so well.

HW: 380 SW: 324 GW: 175  

novascotiadawn
on 5/27/14 11:07 am, edited 5/27/14 11:08 am - Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Yeah Mary, I learned that back in 2004 .... I like to tell it how it is in open forum.. People sometimes can take away from others journeys... But, I've learned I can **** people off by saying how I feel!  Plus, I like to share my struggles and victories... A leaky sleeve, awesome weight loss, skin removal to regain... Monday marks 6 years out!!! Wahhhheee 

Ohhhhh and thank you for the compliment!  

Hugs

Donna

KevinBacon
on 5/27/14 11:47 am
VSG on 03/10/14

lol 

Congrats on getting through that leaky sleeve!!! I had leaky bile ducts. LEAKS UNITE! ;) 

HW: 318 Date of Surgery: 3/10/14 SW: 270  CW: 154

White Dove
on 5/27/14 11:47 pm - Warren, OH

When a person is truly happy and glowing, the last thing they want to do is **** people off. 

So what you want people to take away from your journey is a feeling that you are trying to undermine theirs?

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

freckles1973
on 5/28/14 2:38 am - Canada

"When a person is truly happy and glowing, the last thing they want to do is **** people off." Truer sentiments could not be well put. Makes me wonder what the real motive is behind this post. I would hate to think that other members are feeling undermined or feel that this post is not genuine in it's intent. A very strange comment to make when you want to **** people off with joyful accomplishment in your life. I wonder which people??

HW : 246 PW:220 SW:208 CW:130

VSG surgery on 09/10/2013 with Dr. Henri Atlas

KevinBacon
on 5/28/14 2:48 am
VSG on 03/10/14

We are all free to use the boards however we see fit. If she wants to say HEY GIRL!! to her old g/f then who cares. 

Move on people lol 

HW: 318 Date of Surgery: 3/10/14 SW: 270  CW: 154

stephanieplum
on 5/27/14 11:41 am
VSG on 06/27/12

Where are the toothpicks to poke my eyes out!!!!  lol   (Maybe I should have pm'd you with that comment) -feeling snarky!

(deactivated member)
on 5/27/14 12:28 pm

Donna, I am so glad that you are glowing!!! 

Okay, I totally get how you are getting bored to tears with your lunch?  So now what?  I still want to see a lunch that is about 200 calories and has three ounces of lean protein and all the veggies you want. Here are some choices for you to consider. 

1) Frisco's Chinese chicken salad ( on his blog)

2) Any form or shrimp, fish (including tuna fish from can), chicken  breast,  turkey breast, pork loin, really lean beef and some form of veggies (sauteed, raw, steamed, whatever you like).

3) My chili (okay, Alan's chili on my profile) or any other really lean chili recipe 

4) Any recipe from Frisco's blog (they are all approved by our dietitian but you can always modify if it's too complicated or there is something you don't like).

The ideas are endless, just stay within the prescribed guidelines, under 200 calories, 3 ounces of protein and veggies, low carb and your willingness to eat/make them.  :)

I am here if/when you need me.  You can also call me any morning/early afternoon if you need me or just want to chat.  If it gets too hard, that means you waited too long to call.  Hugs my friend and keep glowing. (I want to see pictures of your next lunch).  

novascotiadawn
on 5/27/14 1:29 pm - Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Ok here it goes... Tonight we had BBQ chicken left over... 3oz chicken, 1/8 of a avocado, 1 romaine leaf, cucumber, yellow pepper.. How is it??? :)

Most Active