OT - Does anyone live in San Antonio?

Jackie T.
on 5/27/14 2:41 am, edited 5/27/14 4:50 am - KS
VSG on 12/19/12

Does anyone live in San Antonio?  If so can you PM me?  We are going to be there the week after Christmas and need some advice. Can you suggest some sleeve friendly restaurants and hotels in the Riverwalk area?  I am also looking for places to stay probably down by the Riverwalk.  We will be there between Christmas and New Years to attend the Alamo Bowl Football game.

Highest Weight: 285 SW: 264.6 CW:163.1   Surgeon's GW: 189  PCP's GW: 165-170  

My GW:  154   MFP:  jteaford                  

(deactivated member)
on 5/27/14 3:07 am, edited 5/27/14 3:08 am

Quick, throw in something VSG related to your post, like "Does anyone know of any great places to eat VSG friendly food in San Antonio?" or something similar.  My post was pulled last week for asking the same type of question about L.A.  Apparently someone found it offensive and reported it to OH.  :)  The horror, the daring, the audacity of....me.  

Of course there are fewer people watching your every word and willing to report you to the powers that be. :)  Still, better safe than sorry.  I hope you have a great time in San Antonio.  I hear the BBQ is fantastic. 

Jackie T.
on 5/27/14 3:27 am - KS
VSG on 12/19/12

Thanks for the heads up! 

matherflores
on 5/27/14 3:51 am - SAN ANTONIO, TX

I live here and am gonna do the sleeve tomorrow. I am lost. I havent gone out to eat in about a month. If u find any VSG friendly places please let me know. 

Jackie T.
on 5/27/14 4:11 am - KS
VSG on 12/19/12

I have PM'd you my questions.

SATXVSG
on 5/27/14 4:01 am, edited 5/27/14 4:05 am - Selma(San Antonio), TX
VSG on 04/22/14

I live in SA but I was just sleeved five weeks ago and learning all this for myself.   Most locals avoid the riverwalk because of higher costs and parking hassles(and expense).  I would use Urbanspoon and Yelp to locate area restaurants.  Most listings have copies of menus or links to restaurant websites.  If you have questions about specific restaurants, let me know and I will let you know if I have been there.  Also, look in the South Town neighborhood which is just a mile or 2 from the riverwalk.  Rosarios is a great restaurant.

Avoid at all costs the restuarant at the top of the Tower of Americas.

Jackie T.
on 5/27/14 4:10 am - KS
VSG on 12/19/12

I have PM'd you my questions.

(deactivated member)
on 5/27/14 4:29 am

When I was there two weeks ago I stuck to mostly eating protein. I did have brisket but I made sure I asked if there was sugar in it.It is a question we sometimes to forget to ask.It is really nice there.I did eat at the hotel  a lot. They have nice steakhouses.

TexasTerritory
on 5/27/14 4:47 am
VSG on 07/22/13
If you do eat on the Riverwalk, it is easy to order chicken fajitas with guacamole. I love staying at any hotel on the Riverwalk. Take a river tourboat ride. Those are awesome.

Shagdoll
on 5/27/14 6:07 am

Hey Jackie!

I visited San Antonio after the holidays and like the post above, fajitas and guac are some safe bets.  Usually fajitas are grilled up with some onions and peppers, yum!  It will be so hard but stay away from the fresh homemade tortillas (LORD!) and frozen margaritas!!!

Texas has the best food.  Steakhouses are great too.  Maybe share or take back to your hotel to munch on later. 

Damn, now I wanna go back to SA!!!

Have fun!!!

Jenn  

WWBD?  

Most Active