Vsg no weightloss

Mme0x
on 6/2/14 2:47 pm - Ocala, FL

I was wondering if anyone with the sleeve has had not weight loss. I'm worried because my surgeon has only performed roughly 80 sleeves. I don't want to go through all this with no success . I know it's a tool and I would use it accordingly , just wonderin. If it's possible that they didn't do their job. Idk 

pineview01
on 6/2/14 2:52 pm, edited 6/3/14 6:52 am - Davison, MI

Have you asked him his stats?  I would want to know what his leak rate is.  Our center had 2 out of the first four patients they had but, haven't had had another in 4 years.  You can fail with any WLS if you don't follow the rules.  If your head is in the game and you are ready to follow your plan you will lose.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Mme0x
on 6/2/14 4:00 pm - Ocala, FL

I'm calling tmro to ask a few questions ... Any other questions you suggest asking

Miss150
on 6/2/14 3:47 pm

don't want to go through all this with no success . I know it's a tool and I would use it accordingly , just wonderin. If it's possible that they didn't do their job. Idk

Hon, respectfully responding _ it's your job to use the WLS ...(****if you come out of this with out complications, they've done their part- now, it is your responsibility to, girl -up and do yours...) grow up- put on the big girl pants, and work at it.   the rewards will be worth. The effort.  ( I'm rooting for you- go through it- over it- around it- just get past it, and to goal!  You will be so pleased- and proud.  And we will be so proud for you,   Bonnie

goal!!! August 20, 2013   age: 59  High weight: 345 (June, 2011)  Consult weight: 293 (June, 2012)  Pre-Op: 253 (Nov., 2012) Surgery weight: 235 (Dec. 12, 2012) Current weight: 145

TOTAL POUNDS LOST- 200 (110 pounds lost before surgery, 90 pounds lost Post Op.diabetes in remission-blood pressure normal-cholesterol and triglyceride levels normal!  BMI from 55.6  supermorbidly obese to 23.6  normal!!!!  

Julia HasHerLifeNow
on 6/2/14 4:46 pm
VSG on 10/09/12

Can I just say how much I respect you Bonnie? And love love love your posts! OP sorry for threadjacking...all done now. 

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com 5ft0; highest weight 222; surgery weight 208; current weight 120

mickeymantle
on 6/2/14 4:12 pm - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

if your just starting the process, I would look for a surgeon  with more experience doing vsg , it is a skill and improves with practice , different surgeons make different size and shape sleeve   , and a properly made sleeve can be a great tool but a badly made one can be hell

my surgeon does 6-9 a week , 48 weeks a year for more than 10 years , do the math

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

Thewittykitty
on 6/3/14 12:22 am

I agree. You may want to look for a surgeon with more experience.  keep in mind, you're looking for a surgeon that has developed his/her technique in such a way that they optimize your success rate.  further, you want someone that can handle the myriad of events that may occur post surgery with authority.  I'm not questioning the basic ability of your surgeon just suggesting to elect on who's specialty is bariatric surgery. Good Luck!

Highest Weight: 304 lbs. / Surgery Weight: 271 lbs.  / Goal Weight: 149 lbs.

Mme0x
on 6/3/14 6:57 am - Ocala, FL

Under my cir****tances I need to stay close to home... That way someone is able to come with me and such. There are only two surgeons in my town. One is dr. Salvador ramos ... Who has a profile on oh if you want to check it out and tell me what you think

cappy11448
on 6/3/14 12:38 am

I think everyone loses weight for the first year or so.  Its hard not to.  the problem comes when people don't use the first year to establish good eating habits. 

As my NP told me on the first day, "After surgery you won't be able to eat a whole pizza at a sitting, but you can eat a piece an hour and still consume a whole pizza in a day."  We have to commit to following our plan, but after surgery, the drive to over-eat is lessened (at least it was for me)  and it is easier to stay on plan.

I wish you the best with your weight loss journey.

My surgeon hadn't done too many sleeves when he did mine, but he had done a lot of RNY's and came highly recommended.  He did a great job and I am just delighted.  If your surgeon has done a significant number of other bariatric procedures, then I wouldn't worry.

Carol

Surgery May 1, 2013. Starting Weight 385,  Surgery Weight 333,  Current Weight 160.  At GOAL!

Weight loss Pre-op 1-20 2-17 3-15 Post-op 1-20 2-18 3-15 4-14 5-16 6-11 7-12  8-8

9-11 10-7 11-7 12-7 13-8 14-6 15-3 16-7 17-3  18-3

Lisa J.
on 6/3/14 2:29 am - OK

As my NP told me on the first day, "After surgery you won't be able to eat a whole pizza at a sitting, but you can eat a piece an hour and still consume a whole pizza in a day." 

I'd have to shoot that NP for saying that! That is NOT rational thinking, OR practical OR encouraging!!! WTF! If you think and pray that you can still eat a whole pizza after this surgery (no matter how long it takes) then you simply shouldn't bother. Unless you LIKE the drama of being able to say "I told you so" or "I knew it wouldn't work on me" bull****

If you cannot take the 1st year to learn to eat in a whole new way so you can succeed over the years then why have it? You don't get to eat like that anymore! Someone is cutting out your stomach so you have a TOOL to use to control your eating! This just infuriates me.

Lisa J
HW: 277   Day of Surgery: 234    CW: 161 Goal: 135 sounds good but....? Who knows!

HW/277   EVAL/260  PREOP/246  SURGERY DAY/243   CW/162 1/3/2011
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 56 views