help will i qualify

riri0301
on 6/4/14 3:49 am - NY

Hello all im new here im 5ft 3 and weigh 210 lbs with bmi of 36 i am going to my seminar on june 12 my heaviest weight was 295lbs nearly 3 yrs ago i managed to get down to the 195 lb range with hard cardio and clean eating with the intention on loosing 35 lbs more. Long story short i have spent the last 3 yrs trying to get the 35lbs off and NO luck!! To top it off i was diagnosed with a painful tumor in my knee which limits my excercise im!now up to 210lbs in 7 months i have nyship empire plan which is great. Insurance but idk if my comorbidities will let me get help i need to not bounce. Back to what i was 

I have depression anxiety. Joint pain from tumor, and i snore like hell but never checked if it was apnea 

Im worried abt the comorbidities i have family history of diabetes cholesterol cancer. High blood pressure arthritis. Any tips advice? 

Brina78
on 6/4/14 5:11 am - San Diego, CA

Hello-

Have you check with your insurance plan to see what their requirements are?

I have BCBS of MI and this is what they state..

The patient has a body mass index greater than 40, or a BMI of greater than 35 with 

comorbid conditions (such as degenerative joint disease, hypertension, hyperlipidemia, 

coronary artery disease, presence of other atherosclerotic diseases, type 2 diabetes mellitus, 

sleep apnea or congestive heart failure)

-Sabrina

Menchi
on 6/4/14 6:27 am
VSG on 09/11/13

If you can't get them to and you have the ability I would look in to out of country surgery, my doctor was very good and the price was very reasonable.  I wish you luck with the insurance but anything they tell you get from them in writing.  I and another had to do the 6 month plan multiple times because they said we did not do it right and information was different from the doctor.  If you don't do one thing you start over from the beginning.  CYA  Good luck and be ready to fight for it.

Gwen M.
on 6/4/14 7:08 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Only your insurance company can tell you if you'll qualify.  Call them (the number should be on the back of your card) and find out what they require!

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

pineview01
on 6/4/14 8:22 am - Davison, MI

What GwenMo said.  You and I can have the same insurance but your policy may have different requirement from mine.  You need to get them to get you a copy of YOURS.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

mickeymantle
on 6/4/14 9:36 am - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

if you snore  a lot you probably have sleep apnea , you have joint pain , and im shore back pain ,

do you get skin rashes , most plans that cover the surgery should approve you , your surgeons office should have an insurance coordinator, that knows all the plans and who to talk to in each company to see if you qualify 

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

riri0301
on 6/4/14 10:20 am - NY

I do snore and its getting worse and i feel short of breath i wake up from it if i lay flat and i have tons of loose skin from being 295lbs sso i do have rashes i just keep on top of it to avoid it with hygiene products

AngloAm
on 6/4/14 11:29 am

There's a couple of comorbidities right there. You're worse off than you thought - odd that that might make you pleased but there you go. :) Best of British luck to you!

SLEEVED 21 May 14 with Dr. B. Greene. Max weight 470 lifetime; 395 pre-op; goal weight 190. Current weight 217; 178 lost so far, 27 to go and keep off.

riri0301
on 6/5/14 1:10 am - NY

I spoke with my insurance and they told me they took off all restrictions its dependent on every individual case and what docitor determines is that good or bad what can i say to preach my case to the doctor?

Menchi
on 6/8/14 6:00 am
VSG on 09/11/13

I would do some research and present the reasons you think the surgery would be a good idea, I am sure he would support it.  Especially if he knows you understand what you are wanting to do and why.  He may have some suggestions but if he outright refuses after that and does not give you a good reason then it is time to find a better doctor.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 48 views