Checking in. Getting closer to surgery.

bigolalaskan
on 7/2/14 4:34 am - Spring Creek, NV

I decided to take this journey for a VSG a little over a year ago.  Still no surgery, but only have my psych review left.  She requires upfront money, so have to wait until the end of the month.  Then we have all my paperwork together for the insurance submittal.  As my PP said, if anyone qualifies, its gotta be you.  The insurance does cover the VSG, so should be a shoe in. I'm so ready to start.  Not looking forward to not smoking and the liquid pre surgery diet, but I will do what I need to do to get this weight off and then my back fixed.  I WILL follow the doctors instructions as he lays them out this time.  WILL not think I know better and do it my way.  Think those are some of the reasons why my band failed back in 2005.

Here's a standing ovation to all of you.  Its not the easy way out, but for us, its the only way out.

Lap Band 2002-2005. Surgery Date 03/02/2016 | Current Weight:  311
Dr. Christina Richards MD, Salt Lake City |  HW: 357  SW: 324  GW: 175 |
New blog at http://www.worldaccording2jen.com

mickeymantle
on 7/2/14 4:51 am - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

stop smoking now don't wait for the liquid diet , it will make it harder to do both at once

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

AngloAm
on 7/2/14 5:33 am

STOP SMOKING NOW. My doctor wouldn't even consider the surgery if you smoked within six months of its scheduled date. Smokers face a much higher rate of ulcers and leaks, I'm told. Also as was wisely pointed out, you don't want to be making so many adjustments at once.

Also, good on you for saying about not thinking you know better - that was a hard lesson for me to learn and I went kicking and struggling the whole way (while being compliant). You deciding that ahead of time will stand you in good stead.

SLEEVED 21 May 14 with Dr. B. Greene. Max weight 470 lifetime; 395 pre-op; goal weight 190. Current weight 217; 178 lost so far, 27 to go and keep off.

bigolalaskan
on 7/2/14 9:14 am - Spring Creek, NV

With my doctor its six weeks before, and six weeks afterwards.  I'm getting close enough I know I need to quit. . . . ugh.

Most Active