Just seriously frustrated!

claricey
on 10/6/14 12:12 am

So tomorrow will be 7 weeks post revision from lap band to sleeve.  I am not going over 1000 calories a day and I'm hitting every target my NUT has given me.  

Today I am up a pound and so my total loss for the last 4 weeks is 5 pounds.  I'm sorry and I don't mean to sound ungrateful for what I have lost....but if I had NOT had surgery....and was consuming 1200-1500 calories a day...I would have lost more weight than I have WITH surgery.   (According to calculations I've done on various websites such as CalorieKing)

Maybe since I'm almost 49 my metabolism just hasn't kicked in post surgery?   I don't know by my frustration has reached a point now that I almost don't care to plan what I eat because it just doesn't seem to make a difference.  I'm not really ever hungry per se so I should just drink protein shakes and bars because they are "easy".

I took into account the 3 week stall etc...but now at 7 weeks I just completely feel defeated and like this is the weight I will be the rest of my life unless I want to go back to eating 500 calories a day on liquids. 

Needing some inspiration.

Thank you in advance!

Sammy D.
on 10/6/14 12:26 am - New Bern, NC
VSG on 11/06/14

Your body may still be in adjustment mode. I'd stick with the plan and it will happen. One thing I would avoid if I were you are the protein bars, I hear they are just as bad as candy bars with the carbs and sugar.

HW: 478+ Consult: 478 Pre Op: 453 SW: 438 CW: 293 (7-20-15) GW: 225 LBS Gone: 185

VSG with Dr. T. Ryan Heider at the Center for Surgical Weight Loss at Lake Norman 11-6-14

ACTS 2:38

Sammy D.
on 10/6/14 12:52 am - New Bern, NC
VSG on 11/06/14

I wanted to add, I hear revision patients often do lose at a slower pace as well. Just food for thought.

HW: 478+ Consult: 478 Pre Op: 453 SW: 438 CW: 293 (7-20-15) GW: 225 LBS Gone: 185

VSG with Dr. T. Ryan Heider at the Center for Surgical Weight Loss at Lake Norman 11-6-14

ACTS 2:38

claricey
on 10/6/14 1:18 am

Thank you for your notes.  I have read that too and will eventually just have to get used to it.  (Tough being the impatient person I am) :)

acbbrown
on 10/6/14 12:42 am - Granada Hills, CA

At 7 weeks, there was no way i was eating more than 600 calories. I ate 5-6 times a day with 50-150 cal snacks/meals.

You should evaluate what and how much you eating - at this point, you really should be trying to get protein in and not filling up on carbs/high fat foods. 

It could be that you are going through a normal stall - it happens to everyone and you will experience a big loss soon.

At the end of the day - you have two options: stay the course and the food plan and let it work and you will experience continued success OR you could jump ship,stop planning your meals,and stop working the plan and you already know where that will lead. 

vent away - this process sucks at time, but just realize that giving up should never be an option. 

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

claricey
on 10/6/14 1:23 am

Thanks for the note.  My nut increased my calories a week and 1/2 ago from 600-800 to 1000 in hopes of kicking in a metabolic response.  I track every bite on LoseIt.com and we review it every few weeks with varying changes to percentage of carbs to fat with protein remaining at ~74-92 grams.   

I would never give up...but it seems like all the planning isn't paying off fast enough for me so it's gets me to feeling sad and frustrated.  I have bad arthritis in both knees so I haven't been as active as most folks.  Recently got shots in both knees so hoping to be able to increase there and maybe see some movement.

Thanks again!

vsg_joanna
on 10/7/14 12:24 am

How are you doing with the water intake? I notice that whenever I hit my water goals, I lose. Also- after surgery due to bloating I was up 15lbs!!!! For almost two weeks!!!

Activity, although very important is secondary to nutrition, tracking, and water. You'll do great, just keep on chugging along :)

claricey
on 10/7/14 12:57 pm

Thanks for the post!  Definitely my water intake needs some help!!  I struggle to get in 64 oz.  I'm going to try to get more in post dinner to make up some ground. 

claricey
on 10/7/14 1:05 pm
Mrs_Desire _
on 10/6/14 12:44 am - Houston, TX
VSG on 11/18/13

As a revision patient myself from the crapband to the sleeve... I can understand your feeling. I think you are probably a stair stepper loser like myself. I never lost weight EVERY WEEK. Sometimes I would go for like 2 or 3 weeks and then have a big loss. I do not know why it is this way though.

Don't get discouraged. Say true to the plan. Get that protein in and water. Are you taking your vitamins?

Myfitnesspal: MsDesire​  - Revision from Realize Band Patient

Height: 5'10" HW: 305  SW: 298 Surg Goal: 195 Endo Goal: 165 

Most Active