6 Months Out

Colleen O.
on 10/8/14 11:32 pm
VSG on 04/09/14

I've seen a few of these posts lately so I thought I'd add my own.  Today is my 6th month surgery anniversary.  I've lost 83lbs since surgery.  Combined with the weight I lost pre-op, I've lost a total of 145lbs since January 1, 2014.  I'm pretty proud of myself.  Some of the positives:

• I can shop in the "normal" size sections of stores.  I don't HAVE to stick to plus sizes.  My options are so much greater now.
  • I can stop anywhere and bend over to tie my shoes.  Before, I had to look for a place to sit or at least prop myself against.
  • I can hike, bike, and walk for distances without feeling like I'm going to die.  I look forward to going on long walks with my fiance in the evenings.
  • I can fly on an airplane without buying a second seat or living in horrible fear that I will be told I need to do so.
  • Sex - so much better, more fulfilling, and more active.
  • I have more confidence.  A lot more confidence
  • I can go to the amusement park and ride any ride I desire
  • While my annual bloodwork for cholesterol, triglycerides, etc was always good, they are even better this year.
  • When I go out to eat, I can sit anywhere.  I don't have to worry about fitting in the booth.

There are so many more but no one wants to read ALL of them!!  lol   This has been a crazy and fun ride so far.  I can't wait to see where I am in 6 more months.  It has been easy in many respects but so damn difficult in others.  I am SO GLAD I started on this journey.  I'm thankful that something finally clicked in my brain and allowed me to have the resolve to finally do something FOR ME.  This surgery has been a great tool for me but, as many have said, it is just a tool.  I have done the hard work.  It has just helped me along the way.

HW: 387 (12/13)  ConsultW: 383 (12/13)  SW: 321 (4/9/14)  CW: 234.6 (10/19/14)

BurberryPlaid
on 10/8/14 11:38 pm - MA
VSG on 09/29/14

Congratulations!!!! You're doing amazing and have worked your sleeve so well!

I wish you continued success and happiness on your journey!

- Steph Consult W 311 / SW 293 / Current W 267/ GW 165-160 HT: 5'9"

Tracy D.
on 10/9/14 12:23 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Congrats, Colleen!  You've done an awesome job 

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

KRISTIN M.
on 10/9/14 3:59 am

Congrats that's awesome thanks for sharing

HW  259. Sw 230.  Cw 188  TL 71 M1(-15) M2(-10)M3(-6)M4(-6)M5(-5)

tdallison
on 10/9/14 4:37 am - TX
VSG on 08/26/13

congratulations on a job well done.  I love your post.  Those are all on my list too!  Life is great!

Toni Dallison

"I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength" Phil. 4:13

Most Active