I LOVE my sleeve and let me tell you why...

grayC
on 11/11/14 8:02 am
VSG on 05/01/13

Hello my O.H Peeps..

I haven't posted in a while because basically

you get the VSG and there's all this learning that goes on in the beginning 

and you post and post, questions, concerns, SV's and NSV's then...

life kinda goes back to normal or what I would call my much improved NEW normal..

I do check in everyday though to see what's up..just not much up by me is all..

except for tonite...I made  beef tenderloin for dinner looked at the nutrition 

facts and saw 4oz: 130 cals protein:24 and thought oh good! 

I usually eat 4oz...NOT  TONITE!!

my sleeve after A YEAR AND A HALF, IS STILL ROCKING!!

I took 2oz thinking I'd go back for the other 2..

After eating that and about  1/8 of a sweet potato and 2tbs of broccoli..

I was full to stuffed!

I was surprised b/c I usually eat thin sliced grilled chicken and it just satisfies..

and if I eat my other staple tilipia 4oz doesn't even do it..

must be the density of the meat b/c I have the same fullness after 3oz of pork..

I was surprised and happy!

Im the queen of justifying every cookie,cake ice cream, chip and pretzel that has passed my lips 

and I can eat, without a problem, a half bag or 6 cookies because it mushes up to nothing..

Its great to know if I do WHAT IM SUPPOSED TO DO..my sleeve is there to back me up!!

Bufflehead
on 11/11/14 8:15 am - TN
VSG on 06/19/13

I was just thinking about this right now! I am also a year and a half out, and I can eat lots of "bad" high carb, low protein, low fiber foods if I choose. But the last few days I've been doing pretty hardcore meat, green veggies, nuts, and protein drinks only -- and my restriction is STRONG. I just ate 2 ounces of tuna and an egg for dinner. I was planning on having a small serving of brussels sprouts, but I just can't. Way too full. I'm sorry to miss the fiber in my dinner tonight but my sleeve says stop, and I am respecting that.

Gwen M.
on 11/11/14 8:27 am
VSG on 03/13/14

This is really great to hear.  I'm glad I have this to look forward to!  

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

(deactivated member)
on 11/11/14 8:37 am

3 years out and went out to dinner last night. Had filet kabob. One skewer (about 2 oz) a TBS of vinegar slaw and a couple TBS cucumber salad and I was full. Not stuffed, but nicely sated.

You're right. It's a matter of making the right choices. Do that and the sleeve works just like it should. Eat all the carby, refined crap and boy can I eat a ton! Not a good thing!

Protein first is the mandate for a very good reason!

Kelly Jean
on 11/11/14 9:08 am
VSG on 04/08/14

This is so great to read ... I sure hope my sleeve does the same for me when I'm further out !! So far so good !!! :-)

♡ Kelly

frisco
on 11/11/14 12:41 pm

Great read and great understanding !!!!

Further out you count on your sleeve as an "electric fence" if you have taken care of it.......

This is where some people do not understand the reasons for a smaller sleeve because they are losing weight and some how think it's going to be like that for ever.

A major component to the VSG is....... restriction, without restriction what do you have?

You have to take care of your sleeve and it will take care of you.....

The other night I was recipe testing a new spice blend for Cafe Frisco, 2.5oz flank steak and green beans (haricots verts)

Ate about 2oz of the flank steak and a few to many green beans and I was more than good !

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

Dimplezzz2002
on 11/12/14 6:49 am

I'm only 4 weeks post-op but I am loving my sleeve too. Now I really understand what it means...that the sleeve is a tool.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 59 views