New Years 2015 Update

Keith L.
on 1/1/15 1:30 am - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12

I don't get much opportunity to post here any more with a very busy job and still trying to maintain my active workout schedule as well. It leaves very little time for doing the things I would really like to be doing. For those of you who do not know me or maybe those of you who have forgotten. I am just shy of 2 and half years post op. I have lost 190 lbs and have been maintaining within 10 lbs of 200 either way for about a year now. I have not hit my goal weight yet but I am pretty happy with where I am right now, although the holidays were not kind to me, so its nose to the grindstone from here on out.

I was in a car accident right before Thanksgiving which cut into my workout schedule quite a bit. I went through several weeks of physical therapy but that is not nearly as active as I needed to be. It does not take long to get "out of shape" which is to say when I returned to my normal routine it was not easy. I also in a very short period of time lost quite a lot of motivation not only regarding exercise but also in regard to eating healthy. Now I am not hear to say I need help getting back on track or anything like that. I am not talking about a massive weight gain, in fact my clothes fit about the same. I just see a little more flab that I had before the accident. My point is that even with cir****tances beyond our control it is very easy to lose sight of why we when through this procedure and why we are hear to lose the weight and get healthy. It is also very easy to slip right back into old habits even after 2 and half years of doing it the right way.

My big take away from all of this is while it is easy to get off track, it is also not that hard to get back on track as long as you remember the things you are supposed to be doing and start doing them. I am schedule all next week for my workouts. The fridge has healthy food in it so no reason to eat out. All remnants of the holiday food are gone, except for the blackened peas and cornbread that I make for my family every new years day as is our tradition (oh, and yes I did eat a small piece of it as we believe it is part of the good luck kick off).

As for the WLS questions I see a lot. I still enjoy quite a lot of restriction so there is no such thing as pigging out for me. I steer clear of sugars and most carbs still (again...see holiday comment above). I do get hungry so that little helpful nugget is gone. I do find it necessary to snack (healthy of course) during the day to keep it under control. Stomach still looks like a deflated balloon (of course it is deflated of a 6-pack, so....). Arm are not too bad, inner thighs not too bad, so even at 46 my skin snapped back a fair amount.

Well that is about all I can think of right now. I hope every one has a happy, healthy, and prosperous new year.

k

VSG: 9/28/2012 - Dr. Sergio Verboonen  My Food/Recipe Blog - MyBigFatFoodie.com

?My Fitness Pal Profile ?View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

Nmmsg
on 1/1/15 2:06 am
VSG on 07/09/13

Happy New Year, Keith.  I was just thinking of you this morning and hoping all is well.  At a year and half out for me, it is not always easy but certainly a lot easier than before surgery.

Hope you are feeling better after your accident.

Best wishes.

Nancy

Learn from your family history and rewrite yours!

grayC
on 1/1/15 3:40 am
VSG on 05/01/13

WELL HOLY HELL!!!

I have been wondering where you've been!!

so sorry to hear you've had an accident, I hope you recover 

completely and can soon get back to the old grindstone!,

a happy heathy 2015 to you and your family Keith!!

Gwen M.
on 1/1/15 6:23 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Glad things are still going well for you :)

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Stacy_WLS
on 1/1/15 8:32 am

I'm sorry to hear about the car accident.  Im glad that you are getting back into your routine.

i had plastics 2 months ago and just started running again.  It is frustrating that my body can't do what it could just two months agi.  But we gotta just remember why and build back up.  

Thanks for coming back to the board!  You were always motivational for me.  :)

VSG: 12/12/13, LBL, small TL, BL/BA: 11/7/14 Twins 12/9/18 HW after Twins 260. 5'10 37 years old - Stacy_WLS (MFP)

Tracy D.
on 1/5/15 4:02 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Happy New Year, Keith!    So sorry to hear about your accident - yikes!  Glad that PT helped you get back to where you needed to be so you can get back to working out.  I think that regular workouts help me more with my mental health sometimes than my physical health.  

Take care! 

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 36 views