3 Month check-up

zballard
on 1/8/15 4:10 am - NYC, NY
VSG on 10/08/14

HAPPY NEW YEAR all you losers out there!!!!!

And I couldn't be more happy. I'm not running the fastest race but I'm definitely running consistantly and I know I will reach the finish line. I have absolutely no vitamin or mineral deficiencies!!! As a matter of fact I need to stop B12 for 2 weeks and D3 for 2 months. I have had no complications whatsoever. I am down from size 22/24 to 16/18 depending on the maker of the clothes. I am going to the gym about 3 times a week unless my job gets too hectic/ tiring. I am happy, my fiance' and family is happy for me. My coworkers are constantly giving me compliments ( surprise I can get my big head out the door at the end of the day). Only problem I have encountered is that the closer I got to 3 months the more I craved CHOCOLATE I finally gave into it and went to a bake shop and got a small brownie. Took it home to eat so that I could be near a bathroom for the dumping syndrome. Thankfully it never happened. But I must say that after more than 3  months of no added sugar, it was TOO SWEET!! I didn't like it and wished I hadn't wasted my calories eating it. On the upside I no longer have a craving for it and feel I can live without it.  We shall see what happens next month. 

So far I am having a good year and pray that this year continues on the same path.

Love you all

Zee

5ft HW 244 SW      

Tracy D.
on 1/8/15 4:23 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

You're doing a good job at 3 months, Zee!  

VSG post-ops can't count on "dumping" to keep us away from sugary treats because, honestly, we don't get the horrible symptoms that RNYers get.  Not even all of them get dumping syndrome.  A couple times my husband tried ice cream; he got the cold sweats and didn't feel so good but it wasn't the intense agony that RNYers describe.  They describe it as literally thinking you're going to die.  

I'm glad you were able to eat the brownie and that it didn't trigger you to want more.  I didn't touch any sugar for the first 7 months because I know me - nothing is going to keep me from wanting more.  Even if it's "too sweet" - what a concept - lol!  

I'm starting a new narrative of telling myself that "chocolate doesn't really agree with me".  It's not technically true...but it's the story I'm telling myself and everyone else who tries to offer it to me 

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

zballard
on 1/8/15 4:30 am - NYC, NY
VSG on 10/08/14

I tried tell my self it didn't agree with me, but my remaining fat cell bullied me into getting, then eating it. 

5ft HW 244 SW      

Gwen M.
on 1/8/15 7:01 am
VSG on 03/13/14

I'm glad that things are going so well!  I find that semi sweet or bittersweet chocolate chips sate my occasional cravings for chocolate.  Without the sweetness :)

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Dan1962
on 1/8/15 7:25 am - Syracuse, NY
VSG on 09/23/14

I'm going on 4 months and never had the chocolate craving before..........until now.  I tried a different things but diet Swiss Miss helps, and a small treat helps me, such as chocolate covered almonds.  Never has the craving or even sweet tooth before surgery.  

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 41 views