relief

happytoloose
on 1/9/15 5:01 am

Ive seen several old posts about mmj after surgery, but nothing recent. Is this subject off limits here?

I never really thought seriously about medical marijuana until after surgery.

My primary doctor  suggested that I look into it. I take strong hydrocodone for joint/muscle pain. I think I'm starting to like these too much.

I am on a clinical trial right now to determine if high CBD low THC strain will help me kick the Vicodin.

Mmj has to do less damage to your body than all that Tylenol. I know they say that 2500 mg a day or under won't have effects on the liver, but that makes no since to me. If its shown that high dosage makes a difference, then why won't a medium dose do the same damage just take longer to do it? 

I, at one time in my life, occasionally smoked a little grass but never habitually.

I understand its a different world regarding the strength of the strains available. I DONT WANNNA BE STONED!

Funny that the low THC strains are regulated just like the rest. Gotta have a card.

Oh well, if it works, I guess i'll get one.

So far, 5 days no Vicodin. No munchies, but not a whole bunch of pain relief either. No noticeable ill effects or intoxication.

It does seem to make my thirsty, so I drink more water. Bonus!

Feel like I have to explore the benefits of it, but don't want to trade one addiction for another no matter how inert it might be.

But if the relief is real, ithink the weed is the lesser of to evils.

What do you think?

Rod

MF_Brooklyn
on 1/9/15 5:56 am

I no longer have a card since I live in NY now. But when I lived in Michigan, it helped me immensely with my back and knee pain. I actually even specifically got strains that didn't make me hungry at all. I had my LAP-BAND removed, and I don't have a sleeve yet, I was just weight-conscious and on WW at the time, so I didn't want the munchies.

When you go, you can tell them all of your concerns, and they will literally prescribe the right strain just for you. personally, I find it better than any other pharmaceutical designed to kill pain. And it's non habit-forming! 

There are some really great studies you can read about it, or even things on netflix to educate you on all the pain relief uses it has. 

best of luck with your decision. Feel free to message me if you'd like to talk further or have any questions on my experience, as I can't speak to anyone else's and am not a doctor. 

jenn1469
on 1/9/15 9:33 am

I had a card and was smoking but stopped after surgery. I eat too much when I'm high. Worked to hard to loose this weight dought I will ever smoke again.

Jennifer

Most Active