I've failed and Need help

Jenniflower75
on 1/11/15 3:17 am

I have completely failed my surgery!! I stopped loosing at 5 mo out and gave up at 7-8 months! I started eating whatever i wanted whenever i wanted. My biggest mistake was I started drinking coffee again.  I easily go through 150 calories per cup... that is a low estimate... And I drink POTS of the stuff a day. I don't know how to get back on track. I'm lost and alone. I need help getting back on track. I know I screwed up I just need to figure out how to get back on track. AND how to get rid of my coffee addiction. I am doing everything bad all over again. the only thing I have going for me is that I still have restriction. how do I start over? HELP

BrendaRae
on 1/11/15 3:25 am
VSG on 01/13/15

I dont judge anyone :-) you know what you gotta do :-) get on My fitness pal... log EVERYTHING you eat and drink. 600-800 calories

30 gms of fat, 70 gms protein and 40 carbs perday. and at least 30 minutes of walking or exercising... :-)  You will start seeing a difference. Good Luck and post often!

Jenniflower75
on 1/11/15 3:31 am

idk if i should start over and go through each stage of the eating plan or just stick to normal eating and trying to eat right? I'm lost

sds0029
on 1/11/15 3:38 am
VSG on 01/19/15 with

I have my surgery week from tomorrow, Jan 19th.  Not an expert by any chance, but I think the pre op diet I am on - protein liquid and bars all day with one lean meal would be a good "restart".  (I saw someone else posting a restart need :).  

Don't give up, YOU are worth it.  --Susan

Jenniflower75
on 1/11/15 3:42 am

yes I just read her story and some of the comments. i really hope I'm strong enough to do it. i dont know how I'm going to kick the coffee but I know that would at least help me stop gaining. i was going to do like she wants and do all liquids for two weeks but each time I try I end up drinking coffee. UGH I hate my coffee addiction, and from there it goes to all carbs. I get very little protein in. I need to work on that and again i need to drop the coffee.

scarletred
on 1/11/15 7:44 am
VSG on 10/07/14

Oh good, you saw it!! Chike coffee. I hear it's the go to for those who love coffee. I'm a coffee drinker as well, mostly in the winter and only one cup per day, but I've taken to using Truvia to sweeten and then the Torani sugar free syrup for flavoring. It's available at my local grocery store but online there's a ton of flavors! I've also used unsweetened cocoa powder for a chocolate mocha flavoring along with the Truvia...it's really good!

Best of luck to you.

WE CAN DO THIS.

~Yolanda                                                        HW316 ConsultW293 SW275 CW234 GW150

M1-22 M2-7 M3-XX M4-XX M5-XX M6-XX M7-XX M8-XX M9-XX M10-XX M11-XX M12-XX

susan88
on 1/11/15 7:55 pm
VSG on 08/08/14 with

Try using vanilla Premier Protein in your coffee.  It makes a great creamer/sweetner and helps with your protein.  It won't add may extra calories.  Finish the rest after your coffee and you just got 30 easy protein grams. It's on sale this month at Costco. $5 off a case. I'm stocking up tomorrow.

Hang in there you can do this. 

Jenniflower75
on 1/11/15 8:41 pm

I didn't think about using the vanilla as creamer. That's a good idea. I'm going to try that. I wish I had a costco near me. Every one keeps telling me about these great savings. I'm going to have to take a trip to Sams club.

Valerie G.
on 1/12/15 1:47 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

One trick to adding protein to coffee is that you want to make a slurry first (a little cold liquid and powder and mix), then add to the coffee.  Otherwise, it clumps up in the hot liquid.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Mary Gee
on 1/11/15 4:33 am - AZ
VSG on 05/14/14

OK, you're back where you belong - a good first step.

In regard to coffee - rather than giving it up cold-turkey, I'd suggest "adjusting" your recipe.  You say each cup is at least 150 calories -- sugar and creamer, I assume? Start cutting back on sugar or using sweetener, and if you use cream, change to fat-free creamer; also, mix regular coffee grounds with decaf - half of each.  Then wean yourself to decaf, and work on cutting back the number of cups.

Use MyFitnessPal, and rather than going all the back to liquids, I'd suggest going back to the basics (60 grams protein, less than 800 calories and less than 40 carbs).   Draft out a weekly menu, and pre-plan your meals the night before.

Join the Back on Track Group, and read OH forums as often as you can.

It's a tough road, and a tough battle.  Keep moving forward.

HW: 380 SW: 324 GW: 175  

Most Active