4 YEARS TODAY!!!!

kamaboo12
on 1/11/15 5:11 am

Hi OH family.. It's been awhile, but I'm back to share my update. I'll start by saying this journey has been amazing, but also hard. Starting out I was considered a lightweight.. Highest wt 230.. Day of surgery 218... Lowest 135. I hit goal in about 11months. Yes, I was a slow loser, but I had a hard time letting go of the unnecessary sugars and carbs. As of today, I am 144...fighting a 10lb regain. I've gotten back to basics and focusing on protein primarily. My exercise regimen consists of cardio and weights...learning that my body responds well to HIIT. I want to thank you all for the support and encouragement then and now. I will attempt to insert some pics... Haven't been successful in doing so yet.

Jenniflower75
on 1/11/15 5:54 am

hi, I'm four months short of my 2 yr anniversary and it's encouraging to hear from a vet of 4 yrs. I'm already gaining back but I'm going to start logging and go back to much lower calories. i stopped counting a long time ago. I'm taking the advice of others and trying to get back to basics. WHat are you doing? Are you doing a liquid diet for a while or how are you doing it?

kamaboo12
on 1/12/15 5:37 am

Hi Jenniflower75. I decided to start back to basics.. I tried the pouch test and that was only to detox myself from carbs and check where my restriction was at. So far I'm able to consume 4-6 oz of protein depending on the density of it. I didn't go back to the liquid phase, but heavy protein. My Fitness Pal is my new best friend and log my calories and exercise there. My fitness routine I'm going to try and keep it diverse but my focus will be on HIIT= high intensity interval training. Good luck on your journal. My username on MFP is kamaboo12.. Add me if you like

Bearz
on 1/11/15 6:36 am

Hi, just was wanting to now what HIIT is? And I am about 1 year out and have 39 pounds left. But every time we go to my mother in-laws they eat all carbs and fryed foods. Ivbring food that I can eat but they eat it to, and then I don't get none. Then I eat something I shouldn't. but the next day I stay so hungry don't know what to do but not go over there.

Tracy D.
on 1/12/15 1:01 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

HIIT = high intensity interval training 

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

kamaboo12
on 1/12/15 5:43 am

Hi Bearz.. Stay focused! I can't stress that enough. My family are also fried/heavy carb/sugar eaters and it's difficult to avoid everything. If I plan on visiting family knowing their eating habits, I also bring along some healthy alternatives or snacks or even eat before I leave the house. It's hard and even rude to not want to share your food, but don't jeopardize or self sabotage you're self either. My kids are notorious for gobbling up my stuff! Lol. Good luck on your journey, you will hit goal before you know it.

BuckeyeGirl
on 1/11/15 6:53 am - TN

Welcome Back! I'm 4 years out as well and also fighting some recent regain. It's been back to the basics for me this week too!

kamaboo12
on 1/12/15 5:50 am

Thanks BuckeyeGirl! Congrats to your four years as well. my Dr did stress a 10lb bounce back after about 2 years time, but I maintained at 134 for over 2.5 years. My regain just started a few months ago...it's like I woke up and BAM there it was, lol, I've noticed my weight no longer spreads all over but just my midsection, hip, and thighs. I have constant bloat and have been checked for Celiac in previous months, with negative results. Back to basics for me,,so far so good down 1.6lbs this morning... Good luck to you... Keep me posted on your progress.

Gwen M.
on 1/11/15 9:08 am
VSG on 03/13/14

You can do it!  Great success so far.  I hope you're feeling super proud of yourself :)

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

kamaboo12
on 1/12/15 5:54 am

Thanks Gwen M! That means so much. I am very proud of myself, because as most of us know, this journey is not easy. It's awesome to have fellow supporters here on the boards...so glad I came back to share my experience.

Most Active