3 yr post op vsg

Billysbelly
on 1/11/15 9:19 pm - PA
VSG on 01/11/12

Well 3 years out and old habits are coming back! I'm up 20 lbs this year now at 233. Trying to diet like I did before surgery and it's not coming off. Seems the only thing that works for me would a strict Atkins diet with vigorous exercise if I ever want to see under 200. I said from the beginning I thought my pouch was bigger than others, I can always eat more than others. Well I'm not blaming anyone else for my eating habits, I just need to get my head together and hopefully next year at this time I can say I'm down 33 lbs. People, this is not brain surgery!! Lose all the weight and EXERSIZE the first year , because it's all going to come to a screeching halt. At least trane your brain that your full. Time for back to basics. See ya next year.

Gwen M.
on 1/11/15 10:11 pm
VSG on 03/13/14

It seems like your problem might be that you didn't actually change your lifestyle, you just dieted and let your sleeve do the work.  Are you seeing a therapist?  That will really help with the "getting your head together" part.   

I'd suggest that you log everything you put into your mouth with something like MyFitnessPal.  That will show you exactly what your consuming and what you need to modify.  From there, get back to your basics.  Here's a list of mine, yours might be slightly different:

1. Prioritize protein and water
2. Deprioritize carbs, especially the refined and processed ones
3. Make the most of healthy fats
4. Eat three meals a day with no snacks
5. Avoid liquid calories (breakfast protein shake is the exception)
6. Weigh portions
7. Eat mindfully and with no distractions aside from real live people
8. Move as much as possible
9. Weigh myself daily
10. Be kind to myself

You can do this - it will not "all come to a screeching halt" at the end of the first year, although that is when people tend to slack off if they haven't made the efforts to actually fix their lifestyle and still view things as being just a diet.  

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Billysbelly
on 1/11/15 10:26 pm - PA
VSG on 01/11/12

Thanks Gwen. I think it's time to see a Theropist before it's too late. 

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 59 views