Hurry up and wait!

J Connel
on 1/11/15 4:23 am
VSG on 04/13/15

There are so many boxes to check throughout the process to get pre-approved.  I knew that going into this, but it doesn't make it any easier....especially when you hit roadblocks that should have been avoided.  If you read my post last week, you know I hit another snafu in the waiting game when the surgeon's insurance expert provided incorrect (not intentional) information and I was left facing 3 more weeks of waiting to submit for approval.  They seem like such wasted weeks (and I'm in just week 1 of 3).  I was so excited thinking about everything being with the insurance company and just waiting that piece out, having another 3 weeks tacked on was really frustrating.  And although I haven't let it get my determination and continued focus on losing weight side-tracked, I am still not thrilled. Enough whining, right?  

Things are going well overall.  I feel like even with the hiccup and frustration I've kept my calories at the 1200 mark (or less) and have continued to see the scale move down.  I also experienced a NSV (non-scale victory).  When I went to drive my Flex, I felt like the seat was way too far back.  I assumed it was my husband's setting.  Well when I pushed my button to readjust, it didn't move. That WAS my setting.  I had to adjust to sit up closer and I assume that's because of the lost weight. It was a very cool moment and just a nice reminder as to the continued NSVs and special moments along the way that we shouldn't lose sight of.

With being down over 35 lbs, I have went from a size 20 jean to a tight 16/lose 18.  That feels nice.  I decided to just rid myself of all the old jeans and XXL shirts (now only wearing an XL) and give those to a friend who is financially struggling and needs some helps.  I also started watching jean/capri lots on Ebay and pre-purchased some size 14s and 12s in preparation for continued weight loss.  That felt like a great success too.

I hope the next 2 weeks fly by so that I can hurry up and wait for the insurance approval.... but that's a waiting game that I've been dying to get to.  Let's get this moving already!

JC 5'3" HW: 283.2 SW: 224.6 CW: 140.0  M1: -20.0 M2: -10.2 M3: -13.6 M4: -6.4 M5: -7.2 M6: -7.8 M7: -6.2  M8: -5.8 M9: -2.2 M10: -5

GOAL WEIGHT ACHIEVED 2/2/16 

Follow my blog at: www.sleeveforme2014.wordpress.com

mickeymantle
on 1/11/15 5:32 am - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

these things happen my hubby needed surgery for cancer a few years back he was getting the surgery on Monday and got a notice that it was refused on Friday , the office sent in the wrong code and they where able to fix it quickly in a life threatening situation

my vsg was put off for 1 month because I had an infected pimple and the surgeon did not think it was safe even though my pcp thought it was < he was right the culture came back with some nasty germs that I would have got septic if I had the surgery

next month the surgery went perfict and all is great now after 1 1/2 years lost a ton of weight and still losing every month

you will just have a few extra weeks to lose a few more lb and make the surgery safer and easier

ps I was 3/4 through the liquid diet when it was postpones and had to start it again in a few weeks

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 60 views