Hungry all of a sudden

mar17
on 1/14/15 9:11 pm

I had been struggling after eating recently.  Too fast, and I think there is a point for me where one more bite is the difference.  Then I have to throw up.  I am worried about throwing up - how could that effect the sleeve?  I also had carbs yesterday and for the first time, I felt really hungry today.  Is that because of the carbs?

Loaf
on 1/15/15 3:06 am - Canada
VSG on 10/31/14

carbs are evil.... I find that if i have carbs then my night is shot.  all i can do is hunt for the next snack. 

peachynptc
on 1/15/15 5:25 am - Fayetteville, GA

I have never thrown up but sure wanted to after eating too much. I too, struggled with eating too fast. still do. We can only encourage to do better. Try not to have carbs on your plate or nearby. We are recent empty nesters so we now do not have in the house any bread, peanut butter, pasta, sweets, juice. I drink coffee and water, sometimes splurge on a McDonald's sweet tea if I have to (I'm from Georgia by golly) and I have to go out of the way to find one.

VSG: 4/11/11 by Dr. Kevin McGill at Buckhead Bariatrics, Atlanta, GA.

Looking for Support Group near Fayetteville/Peachtree City, GA

mar17
on 1/15/15 5:51 am

Thanks for the replies!  I know I have to slow down and try to limit how much I eat at one sitting.  I get distracted talking, or I just want to finish the food.  But I am unable to stop myself from vomiting if I get uncomfortable - I think my body is just rejecting the excess food!  It is so unpleasant that I am determined not to let it happen anymore by being more cautious.  The strangest thing is that there seems to be little to no stomach acid, so it really is a weird experience. I still feel some concern that vomiting could damage the sleeve.  Does anyone know the effects of vomiting on the sleeve itself, or if I could cause a leak since I am only 6 weeks out (35 lbs lost so far)?   Thanks!!

hollykim
on 1/17/15 12:03 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On January 15, 2015 at 5:11 AM Pacific Time, mar17 wrote:

I had been struggling after eating recently.  Too fast, and I think there is a point for me where one more bite is the difference.  Then I have to throw up.  I am worried about throwing up - how could that effect the sleeve?  I also had carbs yesterday and for the first time, I felt really hungry today.  Is that because of the carbs?

throwing up will not hurt your sleeve anymore than

throwing up hurt your old stomach. 

Yes,being hungry is a direct relation to the carbs you ate. 

happyteacher
on 1/17/15 9:23 pm

Eating too fast is a habit many of us struggle with, so you are not alone.  Really try and avoid this. There is a difference between throwing up something that you just had a little too much of and say some steak that was not chewed enough. The later is exceedingly painful and takes a couple of hours to work through. So it is in your best interest to work on that. Try developing a habit of putting down the fork in between bites. That really helps :)  Yes, carbs can trigger cravings. So can acid. If you find the cravings continue and you do not take a PPI, try that and see if it helps. Good luck!

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 36 views