Day 3 post vsg

BrendaRae
on 1/16/15 1:35 am
VSG on 01/13/15

Getting my fluids down pretty good. I'm taking 20 ml of liquid Lori tab every  4 hours for pain. Got up at 6 am had 8 Oz of chicken  broth , at 8 I finished a 16 Oz bottle  of  water ,  at 9 I had an 11 Oz premier protein  shake. And then it hit me... I didn't  think I was going to make it to the bathroom... so I guess that is where my gallbladder  removal comes in?.  Did anyone else have  any problems drinking their shakes after removing the gallbladder ?  I'm working on 8 Oz of syntrax nectar now made with water. Maybe that will stay in me. 

PrayMore
on 1/16/15 5:15 am

Just wanted to say congrats on your surgery! Sounds like you are doing great!

I don't have the gallbladder experience to help you with.

But, best wishes and keep on marching ahead! Every day gets easier! Every week that passes becomes more normal!

5'6", VSG on Dec. 2

Debbie_04
on 1/16/15 6:33 am
VSG on 12/29/14

I am 19 days out and never try to drink more than 4 oz of my protein shakes at one time.  I am at the end of the pureed week and haven't had any issues with the foods I eat.  Keeping the total at 4 oz or less, I think, is the key.  At least it works for me.  You may have drank too much too quickly.  

Age 66... VSG 12/29/14... H.W. 360...  S.W. 323...  C.W. 253

Thebiggestloser
on 1/16/15 10:23 am
VSG on 11/19/14 with

I had my gallbladder out in addition to vsg also. 

Did you run to the bathroom because of an upset stomach? Remember you are eating and have been eating nothing but liquids so that is to be expected. I was a week out before I met my fluid goals. 

BrendaRae
on 1/16/15 11:26 pm
VSG on 01/13/15

diarrhea...lol but iwas good yesterday

Flabaway
on 1/16/15 1:10 pm
VSG on 01/05/15 with

That sounds like way too much to me so early. I don't really know what I'm talking about I'm sure, all I know is day 3 after surgery I couldn't get 20 floz of water in me for love or money, forget protein shakes...sounds like you're doing really well otherwise, congrats on that! 

BrendaRae
on 1/16/15 11:28 pm
VSG on 01/13/15

do you know what size fb your surgeon used? I asked my surgeon and he used a 40. That may be why i can drink a little more fluid. He said there are alot less problems when they use a larger bougie.  hope you are doing well

Flabaway
on 1/17/15 3:28 pm
VSG on 01/05/15 with

Ah, ok. Mine used what he called a 'loose 32'.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 44 views