Heart Rate

AmieA
on 1/14/15 7:22 am

I am almost 7 months out and I went to my pcp office today for a nurses visit and when they checked my heart rate it was 49. My blood pressure is 112/78 the nurse said it was excellent but was concerned about my heart rate she consulted with the Dr he said he wanted me to make an appointment with him and we would check it again and we would go from there. I made the appointment but it is almost a month away. Anyone else have this? 

November18
on 1/14/15 7:40 am
VSG on 11/18/14

Are you on blood pressure medicine? I had low heart rate before surgery. They said it was because of my Bystolic. I was in the 50's though. Today my blood pressure was 107/77 and the doctor cut my Bystolic in half. Heart rate 49.

Bonnie

AmieA
on 1/14/15 7:46 am

I haven't been on anything for blood pressure since I was about two months out. 

weeziebeth
on 1/14/15 8:41 am

Having a 'low' heart rate can be a relative thing. Athletes and very physically fit people often have heart rates in the 40-50s. As long as the rhythm is normal (seen on EKG) and your blood pressure isn't affected, a heart rate of 49 would not be problematic. There are all kinds of scenarios where this may not be the case, but I wouldn't get too stressed out about it at this point. 

HW 285 SW 248 CW 218  Surgery date: 12/2/14                 "Life itself is the proper binge." Julia Child      

"Never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.''  Winston Churchill

AmieA
on 1/14/15 8:58 am

Thank you for the response. Mine has always been about 79 but that was also before the weight loss. The doctor told the nurse the weight loss may be the reason it's low but he wanted me to return later and have it checked again and possibly have an ekg. 

Loaf
on 1/15/15 3:00 am - Canada
VSG on 10/31/14

Pre-Op mine was always in the 90's   and leaving the hospital it dropped into the 60's  might just be a Post op thing.

Most Active