Update: Plastic Surgery, Holidays, Bikini, Boudoir Photoshoot (pictures!)

Nikke2003
on 1/14/15 9:06 pm - PA
VSG on 05/13/13

It has been such a long time since I’ve posted. Every day I find myself saying I’m going to take progress pictures from my plastic surgery and then post an update “later” and then of course, later never comes. I finally had to put my foot down and get organized!

Life has been busy, but in a good way. I have been busy with my full-time job, freelance work, and my life has become MUCH more social – especially in the last year. I can’t tell you how freeing life is without carrying around 260 extra pounds. I’ve talked about “fat person logistics” in other posts before and anybody that has been morbidly obese knows what I mean. There are so many logistics on your mind constantly as a large person that you never have to worry about when you are “normal” or “overweight” and I don’t miss them AT. ALL.

It’s been so long since I’ve had to wonder if I could fit into a chair. It’s been so long since I’ve worried about breaking a chair! I don’t have to worry about getting to meetings and other rooms early to ensure I can get a seat “on the end” and sad, but true… I no longer have to worry about the size of bathroom stalls – yikes! I can’t tell you how long it’s been since I have worried about being able to buckle a seatbelt or whether or not my pants would fit once they came out of the dryer. If I had to fly for work or personal travel, I wouldn’t be concerned at all about fitting into a plane seat – in fact, I’m thinking of selling my own personal seatbelt extender on eBay lol!

I will say that while the attention I receive has died down SOME, my weight loss and the way I look STILL becomes the center of attention at larger gatherings. On one hand, compliments are nice, but on the other hand – sometimes “compliments” can sting. Especially when people tell you, “Oh… now you look SO much better” or something like “Your husband must be SO much happier” – I mean, WTF?!

The holidays went well in terms of keeping my weight in check – and I also had to have my gallbladder removed. I did have a week where I sort of ate what I wanted without any kind of worry (December 24th – 31st) – but that came at the price of about 12 lbs. Yes, 12 lbs in a single week. Thankfully it took a little less than 2 weeks for it to come off… but it’s certainly a scary thing to see on the scale. This is certainly one of the reasons why I think it’s important to keep in mind that the “holidays” is not the 6 weeks or so between Thanksgiving and New Year’s…. but they are really just a few days and keeping your eating in check is very important.

Things are still healing VERY well from plastic surgery. I am 16 weeks post-op today and I am still SO happy with my results. It was worth the money, scars, and recovery – for sure! I believe I have made the decision to have an inner thigh lift later this year. Are my inner thighs just AWFUL? No, they aren’t. I could live without doing them of course…. but they still bother me and Dr. Capella has said I would be an excellent candidate for surgery. Now, it’s a matter of making the final decision and saving the $6,300 I was quoted for the procedure!

I'm going to be posting progress pictures (warning: graphic) on my blog later. If you're curious about plastic surgery, my blog address is in my signature and the password is capella2014.

The most exciting thing I’ve done lately is a boudoir photoshoot!! So, I bought a bunch of sexy lingerie and had professional photos taken for no other reason than BECAUSE I CAN!! haha I have seen the photos and ordered prints of my favorite and I’m beyond excited about it. The photographer posted “sneak peek” photos awhile back on her Facebook page – and you can see them here if you’re interested.

When I started my blog and called it Flirty by Thirty, I never in a million years thought I would actually come this far. I so desperately wanted to lose weight, feel healthy, be active, and then look the part of someone that was “flirty and thirty” and I truly didn't think it would ever happen!

To leave you on a final note – I bought a bikini on eBay the other day because it was cheap and I thought it was cute. I don’t think I would ever wear this in public because I’m still self conscious about my thighs but, WOW… I never thought I would actually look in the mirror and not hate what I see and it is the product of A LOT of hard physical, emotional, and mental work!

Bikini_16weeks

For more info on my journey & goals, visit my blog at http://flirtybythirty.wordpress.com

StephK10
on 1/14/15 9:20 pm

Nikke, you should be so, so proud.  This is amazing!  You look great in that bikini, girl! :)  With or without the thigh lift!  

Thank you for documenting this journey so we can walk this path with you.  You're an inspiration!

PS: "Your husband must be so much happier"...??  GTFO.  Now.  Just go.  People shouldn't speak. 

Height: 5'7" HighW: 266 SSW: 253 Surgery date: 11/17/14 CW 165.4

(FIRST GOAL OF 170 REACHED 6/30/15)  NEW GOAL: 159 (BMI of "normal")

M1: 24 M2: 15 M3: 11  M4: 10  M5: 8  M6: 8 M7: 5 M8: 3 M9: 3

Atlanta_Forever
on 1/14/15 9:30 pm
VSG on 03/17/14

You look amazing and the bikini...flawless!

Congratulations!

Ihearttennis
on 1/14/15 10:15 pm - LA
VSG on 04/24/13

I love your progress reports!!! You look awesome!  Wear that bikini proudly.

"Whether you believe you can or you can't ....you are right! " by Henry Ford

Shel25
on 1/14/15 10:17 pm

Wow!  Just wow.  I am so very happy for you.  I know it took a lot of work. Thank you so much for posting!

~Shel

HW:361 SW:304 (VSG 12/04/2014)Mo 1:-32  Mo 2:-13.5  Mo 3: -13.5  Mo 4 -9.5  Mo 5: -15  Mo 6: -15  Mo 7: -13.5  Mo 8: -17  Mo 9: -13  Mo 10: -12.5  11/3/2015 Healthy BMI Reached Mo 11: -9  Mo 12: -8    12/27/2015 Goal Weight Reached!

Grim_Traveller
on 1/14/15 10:37 pm
RNY on 08/21/12

You are gorgeous Nikke. 

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

TheNewT
on 1/14/15 10:37 pm
VSG on 08/04/14

Just wonderful! You truly look wonderful.

jenn1469
on 1/14/15 10:40 pm

you look fantastic!!!! What a amazing journey and wow are you inspiring!!!!

Jennifer

ald731
on 1/14/15 10:56 pm
VSG on 04/07/14

You are ROCKING that bikini, girl! We are certainly our own worst critics, but I would wear that bikini in a heartbeat! I hope my (eventual) plastics results look as good as yours have. Wowza.

April:  HW- 323, SW-310, CW-159 (as of 9/25/15), Goal- 140; Pre-op (-13), M1 (-17), M2 (-16), M3 (-14), M4 (-13), M5 (-12), M6 (-8), M7 (-12), M8 (-8), M9 (-8), M10 (-5), M11 (-7), M12 (-5), M13 (-7), M14 (-0), M15 (-1), M16 (-5), M17 (-5)

Most Active