Wedding Bells in the future

TexasPrincess08
on 1/19/15 7:14 am
VSG on 09/15/14

So as some of you know I am an engaged woman now and have started the joyful project of planning. I'm shooting for next year, but I am unsure about a few things. Like the dress...I am so ready to start trying some on, but part of me feels I need to wait since I'm still losing. How close is to close to start looking for a wedding dress? I mean how long do alterations take in case I do lose more weight if I say YES to any dress lol.

happyteacher
on 1/19/15 7:31 am

It is not a speedy process, and it somewhat depends on if the gown is ordered versus a "floor model" that may be more quickly adjusted. I think it would be a good idea to simply shop at the moment but do not buy a thing. Just get a sense of the style dress that you like and identify a few contenders. That way when the time nears, it will be hopefully a faster decision. You lose sizes faster the smaller you get!

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

MAchick
on 1/19/15 7:34 am
VSG on 01/27/14

I just went through this last year. I called around and asked a few stores what they thought. I ended up waiting a couple months before my wedding. It depends on where you plan on getting your dress and their policies. If it's from a boutique or higher end store, they usually require purchasing well in advance, and their alterations usually take some time. Like weeks. It also takes a while for the dress to be ordered and received, sometimes 2-3 months.

If it's a store like David's Bridal, they can *usually* get gowns in less time. They usually ask 8-12 weeks too though.

I was told it would be best to buy off the rack closer to the wedding date. I was planning on doing that, but ended up finding something else I loved. One of my requirements was that my dress have a corset back so the size was a bit more adjustable. I knew my weight wasn't going to change too much more, so I ordered the size the owner suggested, and it fit perfectly! Just needed a hem and some cups sewn in. The corset allowed for a custom fit.

Most Active