question

(deactivated member)
on 1/19/15 9:44 am, edited 1/24/15 3:49 am
VSG on 03/26/14

Apparently my testosterone is critically low and the dr advised me the synthetic medications will not be good for me due to the dose i need and my lupus so it will be BioTe pellet implants.... i watched the video on how it is done and now im panicking. It looks horrific and painful but i know this is my only option at this point. has anyone else on here done them? my first dose is friday ;-(

Nmmsg
on 1/19/15 8:12 pm, edited 1/19/15 8:18 pm
VSG on 07/09/13

Most people feel ok with Testosterone implant.  The skin is numbed with novacaine before the pellet implant.  Most people find their levels improve quickly and last longer than montlhly injections.  I am not familar with the brand you mentioned.  The office I worked in used Testopel pellets.  Your doctor should clearly tell you what options you have for Testosterone replacement therapy. 

For some reason, medical videos look worse than the procedure.  Make sure you are informed and feel comfortable with your plan. Good luck.  I do not know your complete medical history and cannot advise you and you should not take my word or any one else's on the internet.  If you are uncomfortable with this suggested treatmet , get a second opinion.

I looked at the Biote site and it is considered replacement with bioidentical hormones.  There are differences of opinion if this is necessary.  Years ago I asked my doctor about it when I hit menopause.  He did not beleive it was necesaary.  Again, it was just his opinion.  I took synthetic hormones for a few years to help with the hot flashes.  I have not needed anything for years.

We are each different in our needs and wants.  Good luck with yiur journey.

Nancy

Learn from your family history and rewrite yours!

(deactivated member)
on 1/20/15 2:54 am
VSG on 03/26/14

Thank you for your response! I have had 3 drs in a period of 2 years tell me this would benefit me. It will help with my testosterone, my menopause which sucks because I entered menopause at 15 and was full blown by 24 I am now 28. My Lupus & R.A because the pellet is made out of Mexican yam which is used as treatments for my pcos and r.a-

I am only uncomfortable with it because I am a chicken. I dang near cry every month when its time for my b 12 shot. I have done synthetics before and my symptoms worsened. I gained 55 lbs in 2 months and within 6 weeks off of them I dropped 60 lbs. My moods were rollercoaster, I went severely depressed. we tried many different levels and variations but nothing helped so this is a last resort for me.

Yay for you not needing anything for years!! That's amazing!!!

Sorry im just chicken that's why I was hoping someone on here has used them maybe put my mind to ease about the painfulness of the video lol!

Jp2lose
on 1/20/15 9:36 am - Omaha, NE
I don't have the medical problems you have, so I can't speak to them, but have you tried healing yourself through food? Google Minding Your Mitochondria with Dr. Terry Wahls and watch the TED talk. It's amazing and very inspirational. I get migraines and since I've focused on whole foods, nothing processed and making sure I eat a lot more vegetables they've gotten a lot fewer and less severe.

(deactivated member)
on 1/20/15 9:46 am
VSG on 03/26/14

I've been low carb gluten free and sugar free for 8 years. It controls my lupus for the most part. Since I was 8 years old we have changed my diet a million times, tried different meds, new schedules. 20 years later I'm willing to try anything at this point just severely nervous. I wasn't this scared for any surgeries I've had and I'm at 29 surgeries lol. Just the thought of something made of Mexican yam being implanted. I found a page last night and spoke to 13 women and all but 1 raved about how wonderful it is and they all been doing it over 8 years. 

So last night I decided its worth a shot, so Friday here I go!s

I'm about to Google that, sounds amazing!

(deactivated member)
on 1/20/15 9:49 am
VSG on 03/26/14

I'm so glad your migraines have gotten better. It's amazing what kind of horrible things processed foods and gluten based products does to your body.

Most Active