Scared. Terrified.

Oliviawashere
on 1/22/15 2:24 am

I'm scared. terrified. ah.

It's been one week & a day since I've started my pre-op diet. Was rough in the beginning, now I'm just used to it. Of course, I'd love a meal, but it is what it is.

Surgery is the 28th. I'm scared, I'm scared of not waking up from anethisa, I'm scared there will be terrible complications, I'm scared if all goes well, I'll be in so much pain my body won't be able to bear it, & I won't get the proper water & protien in, I'm scared I'll fail and bad things will happen. My friend has been spending more time with me, my husband has been more lovey dovey, I hate these things, because it makes me realize even more that something might go terribly wrong. I'm such a worry wort. I hate not to be in control, and the moment I lay on that table, i'm no longer the one in control. I'm just so scared.

(deactivated member)
on 1/22/15 2:36 am

THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT I'M GOING THRU ALL THAT AND WORSE, WHAT IF SOMETHING  GOES WRONG AND I END UP A VEGGIE THAT HAS TO GO INTO A NURSING HOME FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE BC MY HUSBAND CANT TAKE CARE OF ME, SOOOO MANY WHAT IF'S.

Listen, I have been praying for all of us since the  beginning. I have given it to God, he does answer prayer, please pray for healing say thank you father for taking care of me, I thank you father that I have skilled surgeons, nurses, care givers who do this for a living and

you have blessed them with the knowledge and wisdom to give a good outcome to everyone. Say, father I thank you for being the leader of my life and I know as it says in your word is all I have to do is come to you  and ask and it shall be done, I surrender all father and I thank you for the healing that my body receives, I thank you father that you said take my yoke, be anxious for nothing for I am with you. I surrender all father, in the name of Jesus, Amen.  then read footsteps prayer and you will feel so much better. I do  this twice a day am & pm. I sure hope this helps.

(deactivated member)
on 1/22/15 3:00 am

That prayer is to whom it may concern and that's all I have to say about that.

Brad Special
Snowflake

on 1/22/15 3:01 am
VSG on 12/06/12

All righty then. I am sorry I thought you were talking to the poster. My mistake.

H.A.L.A B.
on 1/22/15 7:05 am, edited 1/22/15 7:12 am

you know what bugs me? when people who say they believe in God really doubt his power. 

I am a Christian.

I believe God loves me and listens to me. When I start worrying - I pray ONE TIME.  then I get the peace because I know that he will deliver... That's what faith is all about, no? Only who *****ally don't believe should be scared.... 

I don't get that???

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Laura Loses Lots
on 1/22/15 9:06 am - AL
VSG on 12/03/14

well said Hala

Gwen M.
on 1/22/15 6:02 am
VSG on 03/13/14

I think that what would help more would be to follow the plan that your surgeon gives you and to work at learning as much as you can about the way your lifestyle will need to change in order to have success with the VSG.  So I hope you're doing all of that in addition to your prayers!  

Surgery isn't a magic cure that will fix everything - it takes a lot of hard work and dedication to lose weight and then maintain once goal is reached.  

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

(deactivated member)
on 1/23/15 4:03 am

thank you so much

Most Active