bad day

happytoloose
on 1/24/15 9:06 am

Well, things have gone fairly well along my journey so far. But.

Today I woke up with a serious bellyache, heartburn, and no energy whatsoever.

Still feeling lousy tonight. Only thing I could eat was a couple of bites of egg and that didn't sit well.

Trying to get my fluids in, really tough today. I don't think I'm gonna make the protein either.

I'm just gonna bundle up and ride it out I guess.

May be a touch of the flu, I don't know.

Rod

ipray
on 1/24/15 9:43 am
VSG on 11/06/14

Sorry you are having a bad day!  Keep up the fluids and try to get proteins in to keep up your strength. Do you have a fever? The following symptons are for the flu: a fever, aches and pains throughout the body, which are sometimes severe, as well as headaches, chills, a sore throat, an extreme feeling of fatigue, a persistent and worsening cough, and a stuffy or runny nose.  If you don't think you have the flu, call your doctor and explain your symptons.  Take care and feel better!

happytoloose
on 1/24/15 10:14 am

Thanks ipray,

No, no fever, but it feels like one. Dizzy, lightheaded, feel like I'm gonna fall down.

Just gonna ride it out for a day or two, if it doesn't get better by then, a trip to the doctor won't be out of the question.

This is the first ill effects I've had since about a week post op. Not even a headache since then. Good run for me.

Had a flu shot, pneumonia shot, had measles in the 70s, so immune to that.

Weight loss continues to freak me out. I think I'm loosing too fast, but I'm not ready to slow it down yet.

I wonder if I need to add a few carbs to my diet. Right now I stay under 50g a day.

Most days I surpass my protein goals and close to or exceed 64oz of water, juice, coffee. Not including a shake in the morning.

I probably just got some bug that's going around, I just tend to blame it all on rapid weight loss.

Rod

ipray
on 1/25/15 6:28 am
VSG on 11/06/14

You sound like you are doing everything right as far as your protein and water.  Just don't put off a phone call to your doctor if it doesn't turn around soon.  Take care!

Most Active