OMG bra pain. Need suggestions please.

Alice9248
on 1/24/15 11:58 am

I am about 5 weeks out and have had pain from wearing a bra.  I tossed out the underwire ones but even my loose bras or ones without underwire are uncomfortable right in the middle.  I know some folks might suggest a sports bra- but that seems like it would hurt too.  Any suggestions?  Oh---and how long does this yucky pressure feeling last?

NanfromSan
on 1/24/15 12:10 pm
VSG on 12/09/14

Have you tried one of those genie bras?  They're really soft and stretchy.   I'm surprised you're having this much pain five weeks out.  Was there something else going on besides the vsg surgery?  If the genie bra didn't work maybe try a stretchy camasole or a man's undershirt????

Start weight:  252 pounds 

High weight:  268 pounds

Hislady
on 1/25/15 7:12 am - Vancouver, WA

it doesn't seem like you should be in so much pain this far out, is it internal  or external. Should have kept those other bras they will fit again soon. You shouldn't still be feeling pressure either at this stage unless you are maybe eating too much and causing pain and pressure from the inside. I would have you surgeon check it out maybe you have developed a seroma or hematoma. You really should be feeling pretty decent by now.

HANNIBAL
on 1/26/15 5:23 am
  1. Check with your dr but I bet you are having reflux.  It was a killer for me and I was constantly having to unhook my bra during the day.  If out, I would only close the top hook.

I'm 9 months out and no more reflux and bra stays on!

Alice9248
on 1/26/15 8:40 am

I think you are probably right about the reflux.  What stinks is I am on Prevacid but it doesn't seem to be working.  Worked great before surgery but this feels different than what I had before surgery.  I'll chat with the doc and do the loose bras until it all starts to feel better.  Thanks for the help folks!

Most Active