small salad

BrendaRae
on 1/24/15 6:50 am
VSG on 01/13/15

Happy Saturday!  

Sleeved on the 13th. I'm not hungry but I am craving a salad. Would I be commiting sleeve suicide if I took a couple of tablespoons of shredded lettuce with some fat free italian dressing and cut it up real good? I've already gotten my 70 gms of protein in today from my shakes. Dr said I'm good to go on pureed foods last Thursday

Bufflehead
on 1/24/15 6:54 am - TN
VSG on 06/19/13

Stick with your plan. If lettuce isn't on it, don't eat it. This isn't the time to get cute with your doctor's instructions.

I wasn't allowed lettuce for six months after surgery. That far out, I had no problem with it. I wouldn't have touched it with a ten foot pole that soon after surgery, both because my surgeon said no and because it would have scared the crap out of me. From what I have seen, raw veggies like lettuce are some of the things that people have the *most* trouble with early on.

BrendaRae
on 1/24/15 6:59 am
VSG on 01/13/15

Thanks so much! I always had trouble with lettuce when I had the band. Guess I will go puree me up some chicken.. maybe I will add a drop of dressing to it. 

ShrinkingViolet2013
on 1/24/15 6:57 am

Lettuce and raw vegetables are really difficult to digest.  It took me over 6 months to tolerate any raw vegetable.  I'm not an RD, but would not suggest it.  Just my 2 cents.

BrendaRae
on 1/24/15 7:01 am
VSG on 01/13/15

Thanks so much ! I'm going to wait!  I just walked 2 miles and thought to myself...Mmm a salad would be good right about now.  But sine my nut is not available I thought I would ask before I cause myself pain. I've done so well!

MAchick
on 1/24/15 7:19 am
VSG on 01/27/14

I would not touch any raw veggies that early out.

When I really wanted a salad early on, I took a spoonful of salad dressing to give me the flavor. I like vinegar-y things!

BrendaRae
on 1/24/15 7:24 am
VSG on 01/13/15

Me too!! I can't wait til I can do that roll up that everyone does. A deli slice of turkey with some laughing cow cheese on it and wrapped around a pickle.  I know it will be months before I can do that though

mickeymantle
on 1/24/15 7:20 am - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

it was allowed on my plan after 2 weeks I don't remember when I first had it but never had any problems but always follow your plan

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

BrendaRae
on 1/24/15 7:25 am
VSG on 01/13/15

Thank you

BrendaRae
on 1/24/15 7:30 am
VSG on 01/13/15

Thank you

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 28 views