Sleeve surgery tomorrow

mom2mmm
on 1/25/15 6:17 am

Hi there... I am new here but am having the sleeve procedure tomorrow at Prsbyterian Hospital in NYC. I am nervous! I have had 2 liver transplants courtesy of pancreatic cancer but somehoe, those procedures were necessary to live and this feels somewhat optional.

What is the first month reall like and how do you ever go out to lunch with friends or enjoy a holiday dinner, Looking for some meaningful insight from someone who has been her and already done this.

Thanks. Kristen

mickeymantle
on 1/25/15 8:44 am - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

I would not worry it I was you pancreatic cancer  has a terrible survival rate and you survived that

first few weeks is a chore  but it gets easier after your on whole food

I try to go out to a salad bar , but I go to red lobster and get the grilled shrimp, to baked fish at any restaurant, I eat what I should and bring the rest home for tomorrow  or for hubby  

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

Melanielw
on 1/25/15 12:25 pm
VSG on 01/21/15

I got mine done 1/21/2014. So far it has been smooth but I have had a lot of gas pain in my shoulder. I feel like this first week after surgery has been way harder then the liquid diet, but I keep telling myself it will all be worth it. Make sure to sip liquids and move around as much as possible. :) 

Most Active