2 1/2 years out and still down 60lbs but up 25 lbs from being sick! Help

Shytyrayne1
on 1/28/15 6:04 am

Hi , I haven't been on this site in at least over a year. I had my Sleeve done in July 2012 started at 280lb lowest I got to was 180lb (10lbs away from my goal). In past year it has slowly crept up due to a lot of stress and hospitalized in August for 3 weeks with Sepsis and Pancreatitis. Winter months are so hard but I want to get back on track. Now at 215-220lbs. How do I get back on track? Any idea's , comments appreciated. Thanks Heather

Gwen M.
on 1/28/15 6:15 am
VSG on 03/13/14

The good thing is you've done this before and you can do it again!  So have faith in yourself.   

I'd start by tracking every single thing you put in your mouth with something like MyFitnessPal.  That'll let you see what you eat and what you need to modify.  From there, I'd work on getting back to your basics.  Here are mine, yours might be slightly different.  

1. Prioritize protein and water
2. Deprioritize carbs, especially the refined and processed ones
3. Make the most of healthy fats
4. Eat three meals a day with no snacks
5. Avoid liquid calories (breakfast protein shake is the exception)
6. Weigh portions
7. Eat mindfully and with no distractions aside from real live people
8. Move as much as possible
9. Weigh myself daily
10. Be kind to myself

You've done this before and you can do it again!

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

drea29
on 1/28/15 6:30 am

I had my surgery in June of 2012 just about the same time as you.   I am working on some regain 7-10 pounds.  I agree with what Gwen M said with the exception of #9.  I used to weigh everyday, but gave too much power to the scale.  I really used it to determine how I would feel about the day.  I decided this year I would weigh every 2 weeks.  I know when I am doing well and when I am not.  Mild fluctuations can through me off so I have made the change.  As always do what works for you.  If it feels overwhelming to change everything at once, than change one and when you feel comfortable move on.  Awareness is the first step and you have done that by coming here and asking for help.  The next step is an action one. Don't give up.  You can do this. 

Most Active