I'm stalking the insurance company

J Connel
on 1/29/15 4:26 am
VSG on 04/13/15

It's true.  I'm stalking the insurance company.  All of my information was faxed to them on Monday.  I've confirmed receipt so that's one piece out of the way.  I was told it takes typically 5 business days to receive a decision/approval.  This is how my brain thinks:

1. Day of Receipt was Monday - is this day 1 of the 5 business days or does it not count?
  2. So it takes "typically 5 business days" so that means it doesn't always take that long, right?
  3. Should I call and check each day, each hour, each minute of the day I'm wondering about my approval?
  4. Will I survive if I don't hear anything by Friday and then realize I have to wait until Monday?

Understand the cray cray?  :)

Honestly, I do realize that approvals take time and that 5 business days, in reality, isn't too much to ask.  Or is it?  I'm torn. LOL

I've decided I'll call each and every day to ask the status.  I'm calmly (not really calmly) waiting until closer to 5 pm to make today's call.  I keep waiting for the customer service reps to tell me to buzz off, but I swear each one has been nicer than the one before.  They totally indulge my questions and curiosity (at this point), but I'm really hoping that I don't have to keep making these calls for long and that before the weekend is here, I have my approval.  Then I can start stalking the surgeon's office for my date.  Hmmm... I can hear Gwen asking if I've added a therapist to my recovery team yet.  ;)  And Gwen, the answer is yes!

JC

JC 5'3" HW: 283.2 SW: 224.6 CW: 140.0  M1: -20.0 M2: -10.2 M3: -13.6 M4: -6.4 M5: -7.2 M6: -7.8 M7: -6.2  M8: -5.8 M9: -2.2 M10: -5

GOAL WEIGHT ACHIEVED 2/2/16 

Follow my blog at: www.sleeveforme2014.wordpress.com

Oxford Comma Hag
on 1/29/15 5:34 am

Mellow. I know you are anxious, but five days is pretty quick. Some companies take 30.

The time starts ticking from when they get all needed information and enter it into their system. Then it goes through the review process, which is different for each company.

Calling every day is only going to increase your frustration. Call on Friday if you haven't heard anything.

I fight badgers with spoons.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255

Suicidepreventionlifeline.org

hollykim
on 1/29/15 5:53 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On January 29, 2015 at 12:26 PM Pacific Time, J Connel wrote:

It's true.  I'm stalking the insurance company.  All of my information was faxed to them on Monday.  I've confirmed receipt so that's one piece out of the way.  I was told it takes typically 5 business days to receive a decision/approval.  This is how my brain thinks:

1. Day of Receipt was Monday - is this day 1 of the 5 business days or does it not count?
  2. So it takes "typically 5 business days" so that means it doesn't always take that long, right?
  3. Should I call and check each day, each hour, each minute of the day I'm wondering about my approval?
  4. Will I survive if I don't hear anything by Friday and then realize I have to wait until Monday?

Understand the cray cray?  :)

Honestly, I do realize that approvals take time and that 5 business days, in reality, isn't too much to ask.  Or is it?  I'm torn. LOL

I've decided I'll call each and every day to ask the status.  I'm calmly (not really calmly) waiting until closer to 5 pm to make today's call.  I keep waiting for the customer service reps to tell me to buzz off, but I swear each one has been nicer than the one before.  They totally indulge my questions and curiosity (at this point), but I'm really hoping that I don't have to keep making these calls for long and that before the weekend is here, I have my approval.  Then I can start stalking the surgeon's office for my date.  Hmmm... I can hear Gwen asking if I've added a therapist to my recovery team yet.  ;)  And Gwen, the answer is yes!

JC

the key word here is "typically". It could be less or it could be more. Factoring the person with you paper work,having to be out of the office,or out sick. 

Most Active