Fat girl syndrome

Sandra R.
on 2/9/15 9:35 pm, edited 2/9/15 9:38 pm

Do you ever have the fat girl/boy syndrome?

it happens to me quite often. I eat with my eyes. I know it's time to eat and I order or plate myself more than what I know I can eat just because. My hubby usually finishes my plate for me. Lol. 

I am 4 1/2 years post op and I believe I should not be doing this. How does it end? If this happened to you how did you make it stop? 

Thank you in advance 

Dan1962
on 2/9/15 10:26 pm - Syracuse, NY
VSG on 09/23/14

I do it all of the time.  I don't over eat really, but my mind wants to eat what I used to.  I'm 4.5 months today, and I still have to weigh my food when possible.  And the other thing is if I don't measure because its not possible, the restriction kicks in really well.  I try to stop eating before it happens and then it hit 10 minuted later.  The head is the most difficult part of this lifestyle.  Difficult, but not impossible, to break years old habits.

Gwen M.
on 2/9/15 10:50 pm
VSG on 03/13/14

Well.. I like leftovers, so I'd be happy to eat some and take the rest home for another meal if this happened in a restaurant.  

At home, I weigh everything that goes onto my plate so that I never have more than 4 ounces.  I have a small scale that I can take to restaurants if needed, but I eat out so infrequently that the training at home on what portion sizes look like can carry me over when I go to restaurants.  

Sometimes I ask for a box for my food when they bring the plate, so I can box up what I won't eat right away.  I like leftovers, so I don't mind getting them when I eat in restaurants.  Letting my partners finish my food would be bad for their health goals so I don't really do that.  

So, yeah, I recommend that you start weighing everything and work on training yourself as to what your portions should be.  

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

TheNewT
on 2/9/15 11:47 pm
VSG on 08/04/14

When eating out, I absolutely ask for a box when they bring my plate. Before putting a morsel in my mouth I will box up 3/4 of it. I am free to eat the remaining 1/4 and tra**** if my full signal kicks in. Throwing away food is another thing I am practicing. I do NOT have to be a member of the clean plate club!

At home I weigh my food.

Most Active