Back to the Hospital

jdvsg123
on 2/10/15 2:51 am
with

So I woke up this morning still feeling queasy - drinking made it worse - and decided that Im going to see my primary doctor. Went to see her and discussed all of my issues. She contacted my surgeon since she is affiliated and he says to send me to the ER for a cat scan chest & abdomen to rule out a clot in my lung and see why fluids are difficult to get in still. So here I sit in the ER waiting patiently and so scared.

Has this happened to anyone else? 

Prayers and well wishes would be greatly appreciated.

luvmypuggies
on 2/10/15 3:42 am

I'll be thinking of you and sending good wishes your way. Hopefully they're just running these tests to be on the safe side and make sure it's nothing serious, and they can also help get you hydrated if that's becoming a problem.  I was recently in the hospital for a different issue, but I had an abdominal CT scan and I can assure you that it's not painful or scary at all, so don't worry about that part. Let us know how it goes.  Good luck! :)

Gwen M.
on 2/10/15 3:55 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Have you been getting enough fluids in?  

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

momsy55
on 2/10/15 4:15 am - ME

Good luck!  Hope they find the problem and fix it quickly!

HW (recorded) 323  Start of Journey 298.9  SW 263.6  CW 177.8  GW 180 

Flabaway
on 2/10/15 5:12 am
VSG on 01/05/15 with

Good luck, I'm hope it's nothing serious and they'll have you all sorted out.

MsCincy
on 2/10/15 10:33 am - Amelia, OH
VSG on 08/13/14 with

I'm not sure how far out from surgery you are, but I experienced something similar post-op. I struggled with severe nausea and getting my fluids in from the beginning. I actually was in my surgeons office the day after discharge because I was so concerned. From there I was given new anti-nausea medication which seemed to help in the following days. However at 5 days post-op I suddenly experienced nausea and what felt like severe gas pains in my chest/left shoulder. It escalated quickly, with me going to my local ER by ambulance because of my difficulty breathing. At my local hospital a CT was performed and found what they described as "a pool of new blood" where my surgical site from the stomach removal had been performed. Needless to say I became quite concerned at that point. They immediately contacted my surgeon and arranged transportation for the hour long drive to my surgical teams hospital. Once I was there they made sure I was in no immediate danger and did a barium swallow test to make sure there were no leaks. Thankfully there was not. After many examinations and a few more tests, my team determined that there was no real source for the blood and it was not increasing. I ended up being admitted for a little over 24 hours and had to keep my JP drain for 2 and half weeks. But really it ended up being nothing. Haven't had a problem since, knock on wood! Hopefully it will end up being something simple and resolvable for you! This journey isn't always an easy one, but it's certainly one that I am glad I have taken!! Best of luck!

29F; 5'6; HW:290 SW:276 GW:142 M1:-34 M2:-16 M3:-14 M4:-12 M5:-12 M6:-10 M7:-7 M8:-6 M9:-7 M10:-3 M11:-6 M12:-3 M13:-2 M14:-3 M15:-1 M16:-2 M17:-2 CW:135

jdvsg123
on 2/10/15 11:21 pm
with

First off thanks soo much for all the well wishes and prayers! They mean soo much to me, honestly.

So it turns out I have a small clot in the right lung so ive been put on a heprin drip. Also I was seriously dehydrated. CT of abdomen was negative so that doesnt help my fluid intake issue. Ive been NPO since yesterday & Im soo thirsty! They say thats because they may want to run more tests.  I havent seen the doctor yet today to discuss the treatment plan from here on out & Im not expected to go home till tomorrow as long as nothing else arises. 

They are running my heprin with my fluids which is a huge No-No that took them 12hrs to even realize! Now I need a new IV, possibly two, & im a really hard stick. Ive been poked sooo many times I stopped counting after 12. Im trying to be a good sport but DAMN!

At this point im scared & angry. I know things could be worse but I just dont understand why I wasnt placed on a blood thinner promptly after surgery. Now I can expect to be on a blood thinner for 3-6 months. Plus, I still dont have an answer to the reason I went to the doctor in the first place!

I am glad I decided to push for an earlier appointment at my primary cuz who knows where i would be right now.

Debbie_04
on 2/11/15 1:36 am
VSG on 12/29/14

So sorry for all your troubles.  Sending prayers for a speedy recovery.  

Age 66... VSG 12/29/14... H.W. 360...  S.W. 323...  C.W. 253

Most Active