The importance of patience

csbsteph
on 2/10/15 6:59 am, edited 2/10/15 7:14 am - AL
VSG on 03/13/14

Hi folks.  My weight loss has slowed to snail mode since about September but I am still losing so I am thankful for that.  March will be one year since VSG for me and I'm currently bouncing between 193 -195 depending on if I keep peanut butter in the house or not.  Even though I limit the peanut butter dose to 1-2 tablespoons about 3x a week, it seems like when it's in the house I think that I've just got to have some...so it's no longer allowed on the grocery list, my husband & daughter don't miss it.  Anyway in the tub today before I went to exercise I was thinking "gee it sure is taking me a while to get to my goal, gee others that have had surgery just before or same time as me seem to be doing better, at a lower weight" ....Then that peaceful calm reassuring voice reminded me that I have not been at this weight since I was in my 20's.  I could starve myself to lose more but I want to stay the course with low carb/diet plan from my Doc to have lasting results and not just lose quickly only to regain when I started to eat normally again-meaning eating like I have since surgery not overeating but normally eating as I have since I had my sleeve-which means keeping portions small/measuring them out.  I have to stay on course and remain patient with myself and stop with comparisons; after all this is my same weight that I had in my 20's and I had completely forgotten that until today.

Be patient good things take time.  Keep being strong and be patient.  Keep fighting the battle & never give up.  Have a great evening everyone.

With God ALL things are possible! VSG 3/13/14 Dr. John Mathews

changingmylife4ever
on 2/10/15 7:21 am

Yep. You are so correct. I have only lost 10 or so lbs since Thanksgiving, but that's OK. I haven't weighed this since I was 16, so, it has been a long, long time. I am 60 now. I bought a size 12 blue jeans ( made of a stretch jean material but not knit jean material) yesterday and I can't remember ever wearing a 12 in my late teens through yesterday.

JoeyJo
on 2/10/15 8:26 am - NJ

Well said.   When I start to get discouraged during a stall,  I hear Dory from Finding Nemo sing:  "Just keep swimming".

November18
on 2/10/15 10:04 pm
VSG on 11/18/14

Thanks for the post! I need to be reminded to keep strong and be patient. I get upset when I read a post from someone a month behind me that has lost double the weight. I think, "I have to be doing something wrong!" Congratulations on your success and again thanks for posting about patience!!!

Bonnie

Stacy_WLS
on 2/10/15 11:58 pm

You are doing great!  I totally believe in sticking to a diet that is manageable lifelong.  Starving yourself to lose faster is a recipe for disaster.

Keep it up :)

VSG: 12/12/13, LBL, small TL, BL/BA: 11/7/14 Twins 12/9/18 HW after Twins 260. 5'10 37 years old - Stacy_WLS (MFP)

Tracy D.
on 2/11/15 12:23 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

It truly is a battle - glad to hear you are sticking with it, being kind to yourself and practicing patience.  It is a virtue!  

Congratulations on your success so far! 

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Sheilarae
on 2/13/15 10:10 am

Thank you so much for your post, patience I keep forgetting that!!!  I have been comparing myself to others and getting discouraged.

I am a peanut butter lover also, I add 2 TBSP of PB2 to a vanilla shake in the morning for breakfast during the week. The PB2 has 45 calories and 6 grams of protein. I have  also mixed it with ricotta cheese and a ripe banana for a sweet treat. It is also great with Apple slices. 

Keep up the good work.

Sheilarae  VSG 12/16/14 by Dr T. Kellogg  Mayo Clinic

HW 352, SW 317,  CW 298.5 (1/4/15)

Most Active