6 month update

Curves-r-us
on 2/10/15 8:33 pm

Good morning!

Today is my 6 month surgiversary. 

My goodness! What a journey!

So, i have lost 75lbs from highest weight and 64lbs from day of surgery. 

Is it easy? Not really. My loss has slowed down considerably but i am still losing. I am weighing my food daily and using MFP to log my food. I am on this site daily to read and learn from vets and newbies. I am so greatful for all of your honesty, triumphs and struggles.  

I am far from perfect but hey, that's life. I committ to doing my best every day. I would like to lose appx 15-20lbs to be in the mid range of a healthyBMI so i shall continue to plug away! As of now, i am still considered overweight (on the low end).  I know, just numbers. But in my mind, i would love to be in the 'normal' range.  I love how I look and feel at this size.  I want some bounce back room, but if this is my forever size, well, i'm good with that.

I went from a tight size 20 to skinny jeans size 8 (which are getting loose). I feel i have found 'me' again, my style, my likes, dislikes. I find myself trying on colourful clothes and not just wearing black. What a nice feeling!

My family, friends and colleagues know of my surgery and have been very supportive. I have a colleague whose doctor suggested he have wls a couple of years back but he was too afraid. He is now in my office almost daily asking me questions about it. I think/ hope he will consider. It's funny how 'taboo' wls is yet everyone knows someone who has had some type of surgery or has had it themselves... I hope my journey can make a difference in someone's health. 

Anyhoot, sorry for the ramble! Thanks for reading and all best!

Elsie

Carpe diem 

DBballoon
on 2/10/15 8:46 pm

Way to go!

Sleeved 2/16/15

HW 288: SW:250 CW:237.4

M1:?

(deactivated member)
on 2/10/15 9:14 pm
VSG on 12/16/14

Awesome!!!

November18
on 2/10/15 9:44 pm
VSG on 11/18/14

Congratulations!! You sound HAPPY! Thanks for posting. I love update posts. They are so inspirational for those at the beginning.

Bonnie

coll26
on 2/10/15 9:44 pm
VSG on 01/30/15

Awesome ! Congrats, you are another inspiration for me, thank you! I have one of the same goals to Brighton up me and my closet with colors!

Mikki_from_Maine
on 2/10/15 9:52 pm - Augusta, ME
VSG on 09/15/14

That is fantastic! Great job! AND! paying it forward by helping others is amazing too! Go you! 

Small Steps lead to surprising changes... ~Mikki Hw 232 sw 208.4 cw138.8. m1-17, m2 -8, m3 -11 m4 - 6, m5 -6, m6 -5 m7 -4, m8 -6 m9 -2 m10 -2 m11 -5 m12 -2 m13 -2 *Goal reached in 10.5 months!*

Rachel M.
on 2/10/15 10:17 pm
VSG on 12/31/14

What an inspiration!  Thank you for sharing and a huge CONGRATULATIONS to you! 

{ HW:275 | CW:166.6 | GW:145 | TL:108.4 }    

VSG on 12/31/2014 with Dr. John Kelly at UMASS Memorial.   

Tricia R.
on 2/10/15 10:42 pm

How tall are you?? You're doing fantastic! I'm 5'6" starting weight 238 down to 232 with 3 months to go before hopeful surgery if insurance approves.  Did you have any health factors?  I haven't done blood work yet but so far i only have asthma. 

Curves-r-us
on 2/10/15 11:07 pm

Thank you for the support!

I'm 5'4. 

Thankfully, I didn't have any comorbidities, per se. My feet and back were in constant pain with the extra weight. I had also developed gestational diabetes with my last pregnancy. Because of family history, my chances of developping diabetes in the near future was imminent.  My surgeon also did wls on my older sister and brother. Had this not been the case, I'm not sure he would have operated on me seeing as how my bmi was just under 40.

I'm in Canada so I didn't have all the insurance hoops to jump through. 

Elsie

Carpe diem 

Tricia R.
on 2/17/15 12:35 am

My bmi was 38. Haven't done testing yet four diabetes and Edgar not,  but will  soon.  Only thing i have that i know of is asthma and lower  back pain.  I have a hiatal hernia as well. It's just got me paranoid that I'm doing all this work to possibly be rejected.  Congrats on your 6 months as well!

Most Active