Stalled for 1-1/2 Weeks

Oneillch
on 3/16/15 4:20 am
VSG on 02/04/15

From reading posts on this site, I know that it's normal to reach a stall at a month post op & I did so at exactly a month. It's now 1-1/2 weeks later and when I weighed myself this morning, I gained 2-1/2 lbs. I'm on soft foods and have been weighing/measuring and tracking everthing I eat. I don't have a problem getting the minium 60 gr of protein a day & I keep the carbs to a minimum. I do have a problem getting the 64 oz of fluid each day, but would this cause a weight gain? 

I've lost 20 lbs since surgery & am very pleased with my progress (some great NSV along the way), but how long did a stall last for you & what were you able to do to get out of it?

Thanks for your suggestions

mickeymantle
on 3/16/15 4:39 am - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

if you don't drink enough fluids your body may store some witch can weigh a pound or more

don't worry about slight gains once in a while and only weigh your self once a week and watch the trends

If you weigh and track all food and drinks and stay on plan you have to lose

normal weight lose at first is between 1/2 and 1 lb a day and you in that range , age and starting weight effect lose speed , everyone is different

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 3/16/15 5:20 am
RNY on 08/05/19

Most folks lose weight every day for the first few weeks. After that, though, it slows WAY down! So if you consider 9 days without loss a stall, it's time to practice patience.

The scale can hiccup a few pounds in either direction based on water intake, hormones, etc. each day. Chart your weight every day and look at the long-term trends, rather than the day-to-day numbers.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Oneillch
on 3/16/15 10:10 am
VSG on 02/04/15

Thanks. I know I have to get those fluids in for many reasons.

Most Active