I had the worse experience at six flags today.

yvonnaj
on 7/3/15 11:11 pm
VSG on 08/03/15

So I decided it would be a great idea to go to six flags and get on some rides have a good time. Everyone else did expect for me some of the rides I couldn't fit on which made me feel like crap.

(deactivated member)
on 7/3/15 11:59 pm

It will only be a short time before you will be able to fit on them. A great NSV for me was when I could go on a ride at Disney's California Adventure that I used to be restricted from because my weight exceeded the limit allowed. That really sucked, so I get where you're coming from.

Try to think of this experience as motivation to do well with your pre op work and your post VSG life. Plan to go to Six Flags next year on July 4th weekend and compare your experiences. You will be amazed!

yvonnaj
on 7/4/15 5:20 am
VSG on 08/03/15

Thanks.

ChubbyHubby82
on 7/4/15 2:18 pm
VSG on 07/06/15

I live in Ohio and have a trip planned for Cedar Point for that exact same reason....the NSV.

gwen41539
on 7/4/15 9:04 am - kimper, KY

Im.so.sorry I don't like to ride thrill rides but I like the slower.things and I like to ride with my 4yr old daughter and I can't.because I'm too big I know.how you feel next.yr I'm hoping to.fit.on the kiddie rides with her next yr it will be a whole.New.ball.game.just.wait.and see :) start a.list.of.things.you want.to.do post.op that you can't.do now.and.Mark.them.off kinda.like a bucket.list lol 

HW 381/ pre op 345 /SW 312 Vsg 7/13/15 /CW 288

M1-24 lbs

psychoticparrot
on 7/4/15 12:40 pm

I know what you mean about sitting with your daughter. At my last visit to my son and his family, my 7yo grandson could finally sit beside me on a 1+1/2-sized upholstered chair. It was a bit of a squeeze, but neither of us minded that a bit! 

psychoticparrot

"Live for what today has to offer, not for what yesterday has taken away."

yvonnaj
on 7/5/15 7:25 am
VSG on 08/03/15

That's a great idea.

Karen D.
on 7/5/15 4:59 am - NY
Revision on 11/24/15

So sorry that happened. I always sit the ride out if it has a harness or a seat that looks small.  I've spent most of my life on the sidelines watching everyone else have fun.  Plan another trip next summer and you'll be riding all of the rides I'm sure 

yvonnaj
on 7/5/15 7:24 am
VSG on 08/03/15

I know it sucks. But, yes your right I should look forward to next year.

Valerie G.
on 7/6/15 9:59 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

Honey, that was the turning point for me to get surgery over a decade ago.  This is only temporary.  You'll have the time of your life next year.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Most Active