Hi there, newbie here!

psychoticparrot
on 12/3/15 4:28 pm

Hello, Jenny. I'm two inches taller than you, so I know how every pound weighs down a small frame. When you read posts on this site, pay special attention to those who have reached goal and maintained for years. Their advice to newbies like us is invaluable when it comes to what the sleeve can and cannot do for you. 

BTW, about sharing stats and other info -- there's no such thing as TMI when it comes to your health. Share as much or as little as you choose.

psychoticparrot

"Live for what today has to offer, not for what yesterday has taken away."

jennyayers1
on 12/4/15 12:58 pm

Thank you for the kind words. I am so thankful to find a group of people who understand what it is like. My hubby doesn't get it because he says that I'm beautiful as is, and that he will love me however I love myself. Thankfully he is very supportive in my decision to start this process :) but he doesn't understand how this weight makes for a feeling of discomfort. I hate not being able to take care of my kids without running out of breath walking up a flight of stairs. It's just crazy to me lol but thanks again and it was great to meet you ! 

twiddleDee
on 12/3/15 5:14 pm

Hi Jenny,  Good luck getting everything worked out and surgery date scheduled.  Always ask anything you don't know/understand/wonder about on here. so much info from dedicated  sleevers.  They speak from experience and make this journey so much easier than "winging" it alone!  Dee

sds0029
on 12/3/15 5:30 pm
VSG on 01/19/15 with

You will love your sleeve.  I also struggled for so long on diets battling hunger.  This is the best.  Good luck to you 

jennyayers1
on 12/4/15 12:49 pm

I have a feeling it will be my new lease on life. I have two kids that I just don't have enough energy to do anything with. When I get home from work all I want to do is ea****ch tv, and lounge around. 

How long ago did you have your surgery? what were your starting stats?

great to meet you! 

CALINATE
on 12/3/15 5:39 pm - Opp, AL
VSG on 11/17/15

Hi Jenny! Congratulations on the beginning of a life changing journey. I am only 3 weeks post op myself. I will not lie to you. You will feel like giving up more than once but stay strong and keep fighting. It is definitely worth it. I am here daily if you have any questions that I might can help you with or even just need encouragement or someone to talk too. Best of luck!!!!

cappy11448
on 12/3/15 11:06 pm

Welcome to the forum. I hope you find it as supportive and informative as I have. 

Weight loss surgery was a God-send to me.  I hope you have a similar success.

Carol

Surgery May 1, 2013. Starting Weight 385,  Surgery Weight 333,  Current Weight 160.  At GOAL!

Weight loss Pre-op 1-20 2-17 3-15 Post-op 1-20 2-18 3-15 4-14 5-16 6-11 7-12  8-8

9-11 10-7 11-7 12-7 13-8 14-6 15-3 16-7 17-3  18-3

jennyayers1
on 12/4/15 12:50 pm

Thanks Carol, 

I have a feeling this is what is meant to happen to change my life for the better. I'm so excited and nervous for this journey. I will be a better wife, mommy, and friend for this transformation. 

(deactivated member)
on 12/4/15 12:12 am
VSG on 12/17/15

Hi Jenny, welcome! I'm Kelly. I'm 5'6 and started at 323lb and at my last appointment was down to 311lb just from cutting out liquid calories like soda and energy drinks and trying to eat healthier. I am 13 days pre-op so I can't be of too much help. To answer your prior question one-derland is when you hit under 200lbs on the scale just like you guessed. Some other terms I've learn you might see are NSV which is a non scale victory like fitting back into an item of clothing you haven't in a long time and SV is a scale victory so pounds lost. Also referring to your time to surgery it is different for everyone but average is 6 months. I am the exception due to lucky cir****tances and my diligence (and in my opinion) God's blessings. I started this journey October of this year and am having surgery 12/17/15 but that is far from typical. Best of luck, listen to veteran sleevers they know what they are talking about, and try and drink lots of water if you don't already it helps a lot

jennyayers1
on 12/4/15 12:42 pm

Ok, great thank you for the information with the abbreviations lol definitely sounds like you were very lucky to get thru the process so fast. My friend had her sleeve done day before yesterday, and she was going thru the process for close to a year! and she needed it badly. I think she is only 4'9 and over 500 pounds. I'm excited for the possibility to finally be smaller. I am sure that I will never be skinny but what I have going on now just doesn't work lol 

Great to meet you ! 

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 42 views