VSG on 03/01/16

Day four of my 2 week liquid-like diet:

Breakfast: Oatmeal and Greek Yougert

Snack: Metafast Shake

Lunch: Carnation Instant Breakfast Chocolate and Banana Pudding

Snack Protein Bar

Dinner: Tomato Soup and applesauce

if I need it: a sugar free popcicle

Doing alright and keeping a good attitude.  Getting just under 1000 calories per day and 60-80 grams of Protein.

Got Scope'd yesterday.  They said all it well and I am ready for a march 1st VSG.

lxl_Miz_lxl
on 2/19/16 10:23 am
VSG on 01/11/16

sounds like you're doing better than I was.. I was cranky.. I took frequent naps so I wouldn't subject people to my moodiness. 

tonya2741
on 2/19/16 11:10 am

Happy Friday, everyone!

Does anyone have any fun plans for the weekend? A couple of my friends and I are going to go to St. Augustine on Saturday to look around, shop, and have a nice lunch. It's supposed to be in the 70s this weekend, so it should be a nice outing. Sunday is always laundry and cleaning day. UGH! 

I'm almost 3 months out from surgery, and I'm still having problems getting in all of my protein. And most of the protein shakes, to put it mildly, SUCK! I've tried Bariatric Advantage, Nector, Isopure, Premier, Unjury, Quest, Muscle Milk and Click to name a few. The only brand I can stand even a little bit is GNC Lean Protein shakes. 

So, the menu for today:

B: homemade spinach and onion quiche, coffee w/cream and agave

L: Sargento Balanced Breaks

S: beef jerky

D: ? Undecided at this time. Perhaps chicken with spinach and feta

S: GNC shake, if needed

V: Done (Wonderlife liquid multi and extra B12)

E: home workout with (some of you may recognize these) Suzanne Somers Thigh Master and Butt Buster, hand weights and balance bar

I'm trying to work up the courage to start working out at Gold's Gym. I'm just not comfortable with all of the people I "imagine" staring at me wondering what the heck I'm doing there. I know they're not, but still... Anyone else feel that way?

Anyway, I hope you all have a wonderful weekend. It's the Daytona 500 weekend here, so it's best to avoid that part of town! Take care!

HW: 246; VGS: 11/23/15 Dr. Joel Sebastien; SW: 226; GW: 130; CW: 166  

"If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you." Fred DeVito                 "Perhaps, this very instant is your time." Louise Bogan

"A year from now, you'll wish you had started today." Karen Lamb 

michele1
on 2/21/16 3:58 pm
Revision on 07/07/15

Love St. Augustine!!! Try the gym you might be surprised,  I've never been shamed at the gym like other places, think about it they know you are there trying and know first hand how hard it can be to work out. The first step is the hardest, you might find you love working out....some of my greatest support comes from those at the gym.  There will be haters everywhere and there may be some but for the most part they are too into themselves wondering who's looking at them to notice you. 

Just go as a guest in case you don't feel comfortable or if you decide it's not for you. If you have someone that will go with you that might help. 

Put on some comfortable workout clothes and walk in there like you own the place.......don't let anyone stop you if it's what you want!!!

Lapband 6/08 90 pounds lost!  Band slip and esophageal dilation diagnosed 5/15

LapBand removed, hernia repaired and sleeved 7/8/15

LosinginAZ
on 2/19/16 12:31 pm

B: 3 ounces of scrambled egg beaters

L: 3 ounces of green chili chicken

D: 3 ounces of green chili chicken

S: String cheese

Water: Not enough :(

Vitamins: On track

Exercise: Walking tonight 

Age: 34 / Height 5' 8" / Starting weight July 2015: 446.0 lbs / Surgery Date & Weight: 1/19/16 - 320.4 / Lost pre-op: 125.6lbs / Goal Weight: 180 lbs

(deactivated member)
on 2/19/16 1:02 pm
VSG on 12/17/15

Happy Friday everyone, it's not my Friday until tomorrow but either way hope everyone has a great start to their weekend.

B: 1 oz Jennie-o turkey breakfast sausage and half of a Dannon Oikos Triple Zero in coconut.

S1 (had when I got home from work and grocery shopping last night):  2 oz Jennie-o turkey breakfast sausage and a Frigo Light string cheese

L: 2 oz Grilled Chicken Breast Strips

S2: Chocolate protein shake with 1.5 tablespoons of natural crunchy peanut butter

D: 2 oz Grilled Chicken Breast Strips

V: As soon as I am done eating my breakfast

W: 1/4 (20 oz) of the way for the day so I will hit before midnight with no issues

E: Walking on my 45 minute lunch on work since it never falls in my eating schedule.

Totals for day: 670 Cals, 21 Carbs, 26 fat, 90 protein so a good day for where I like to keep my numbers. :)

happyteacher
on 2/19/16 4:11 pm

Talk about derailing... 

B: 3 turkey snack sticks, protein pretzels, and a latte

L: Soup- can't remember the type other than Progresso beef something or another

S: 2 turkey snack sticks

D: bbq ribs, pork, brisket, baked beans, sweet potatoe mash, cornbread. Not a lot of any one item, but no idea on the calorie count.

Oh yea, lemon merigue pie and an aweful stomachache on the side.  

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 49 views