One year anniversary and throwing up

ShadowWolf3
on 3/27/16 10:52 pm - OH
VSG on 03/19/15

So my one year surgery anniversary was March 19 and I've only lost 120lbs.  I guess that is good but would of like to have done better.  My problem now is I have been throwing up every day for 2 months. Both liquids and food.  Went and seen surgeon she did X-Ray with kub plus also an EGD.  I'm still waiting for results which is aggravating because she ordered these test stat beginning of March yet she went on vacation then had no open appointments until first week of April. The only thing I did find out is I have a sliding hernia.

I would like to stop throwing up though because my throat is getting raw.  Oh and you'd think I would be losing because of it.  Nope

The tragedy in life doesn't lie in not reaching your goal. The tragedy lies in having no goal to reach.- Benjamin Mays

HW:450, Consult W:371, SW:353

Suzannadanna
on 3/28/16 8:11 am
VSG on 03/08/16

Hi, so sorry you're having trouble. A hiatal hernia will definitely cause your symptoms, and should be repaired (more surgery - sorry!). I'm a bit appalled that your surgeon has been allowing you to vomit daily for 2 months straight, she should have made it a priority to squeeze you in somehow. That much daily intra-abdominal pressure can cause all sorts of secondary problems that you don't need (not to mention the effects of stomach acid in your esophagus and mouth). My advice is to see your surgeon next week, and if she doesn't seem to be treating your case as an emergency, find yourself another doctor who will. 

Good luck!

ShadowWolf3
on 3/28/16 5:19 pm - OH
VSG on 03/19/15

The first month was my own fault because I thought it was just a flu or the fact I hadn't taken my Prilosec for a week.  But she should of squeezed me in right after the tests were done or sent me to see one of the other doctors in the hospital to give me the results.  I have one more week before I see her.

The tragedy in life doesn't lie in not reaching your goal. The tragedy lies in having no goal to reach.- Benjamin Mays

Suzannadanna
on 3/29/16 9:31 am
VSG on 03/08/16

OK, in the meantime, make it a priority to take your PPI every day, and be sure to rinse your mouth out thoroughly every time you vomit - the stomach contents will do a number on your teeth and the mucous membranes in your mouth. I think I would even consider doing a "swish and spit" with a tablespoon of Maalox after you vomit, even without swallowing it, the bit left in your mouth will work its way down and coat your esophagus too.

Post after you see the surgeon, and let us all know what she says. Good luck!

ShadowWolf3
on 5/6/16 9:18 pm - OH
VSG on 03/19/15

Surgeon thinks I'm producing to much acid and put me on carafate.  She's talking about doing a revision surgery because seems the sleeve wasn't a good ideal.  Also going to fix sliding hernia at same time.  But won't know for sure until next week what she will decide.  Carafate is helping some but still throwing up once in awhile.

Most Active